Engine noise

Username: Alxknngr

Post Number: 7
i have been told my noises i hear is called "engine noise" does anyone know what causes this or how it can be fixed?

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1252
what kind of noise is it? is it a wine a gergle what?

Post Number: 10
its a low and high pitched noise, it also changes as the rpm of the engines do

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1254
i had that same problem, you have a grownd that isn't grounded. get that grounded and it will be gone. if your deck is aftermarket check that first

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 347
it's called a ground loop.... it's not nescicarily a ground that isnt grounded... it also could be a speaker thats grounded to the chassis instead of the hu... or the wire is exposed and touching the chassis... or you could have a bad Hu Ground... the body of most Head Units are grounded to the chasis... make sure that it is grounded and if it is see if removing that ground (take the hu outof the case and run it) if it fixes it thatn it shouldnt be grounded to fix it.. you can get so many different variables to fix that issue.. you need to check all of your speaker wires... your getting unwanted noise from your alternator.. so if your using an aftermarket hu you might have a custom wire harness in it.. which probably means you had to splice wires check that too...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Some one has told me about a filter that i could buy, are these any good? I have also heard it is because i have a low end amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I have now made a new discovery, if i turn off my head unit it does not make this noise, it also doesnt make it while the engine is not running

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2276
Amp and such
http://www.installdr.com/TechDocs/999502.pdf
Radio
http://www.installdr.com/TechDocs/999501.pdf
General
http://electronixwarehouse.com/education/accessories/aboutnoise.htm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i ahve purchased one of the ground loop filter (or whatever it may be) and when i hook it up nothing will come out of my subs. does this help any?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2286
why use a bandaid and isolate the problem when you can completely eliminate it?

Username: Blue_diamond

Post Number: 2
Its basic engine noise. Im pretty sure you are using a high low converter with a stock head unit (HU). Where did you ground your amp? Take out the back seats and find a bolt to ground your amp. Should solve the problem. The noise is coming from your alternator when the car is on. That is why when you press on your gas pedal the noise gets louder. That noise filter is garbage, throw it far away.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us