Help hitting a higer db....

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 489
Ok I was thinking:

I have a 94 Saturn CS2 and it has a trunk. Should I put my subs normally in the trunk OR

Should I put the subs and their port facing inside my car and seal it off right at the front edges so that the subs would be taking NO airspace from my trunk and fold my seats down when competeing....

I figured the 2nd option would get louder as it would mean less airspace for the subs to move....would this work? any ideas of much much of a db gain I would get?

Also this would be good as I would have more room in my trunk to "show boat" my amps and so on...

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 199
what kind of subs and amps

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 490
Well in general "theroy" it shouldn't matter what subs and amps I will be running....as I'm sure less air space means louder DB (Example: hatchbacks)

I just wanted to make sure that it would be a good route to take to gain some db...even 1 db

but,
I have a 1000.2 Helix Dark blue (2000 rms @ 1ohm) and 2 12" Pioneer Premier TS-W3002SPL (1000rms)

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 491
Anyone

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1438
you have that nice amp and those sh1tty subs, LOL, but it takes about 3db before you notice any difference in loudness, so either way would work i'd say try both and see which one you like more.

Silver Member
Username: Clacla100

Tallahassee, Fl US

Post Number: 102
i have a saturn sc2 02 i tuned my subs around and sealed the sides with sheets and wood just to test. It sounds weird. and there is about a 3 db drop. The lows are loud but when you play higher notes its like the car just absorbs it completly. You can try it but it will probably have around the same effect.

Bronze Member
Username: Extremesound1

Coventry, RI United states

Post Number: 19
yeh what he said

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 492
yeah well im sponsored by audissy.com so I get great deals from them (also have a dark Blue 4 channel and Helix Avantgarde comps $950 set of speakers right there)...but they dont have subs that can handle the Dark Blue amp...the subs I got were only $225 Canadian and they are priced at $300 Us last I checked...so I liked the deal I got....Personally havn't heard them and all I want is LOUD..lol..so I should be ok..unless however they sound SOO bad...then I'll sell em!!

but yeah I guess Ill see what like better

Username: Mr_georgia_boy

Georgia USA

Post Number: 4
Try the Audiofonic adf-292 subs I hear they're loud and great for the price (about $90 u.s.)

I can't remember the site sorry!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2507
/\/\ike,

there are a few "trick's" you can go w/ truck cars that will get you higher SPL.

for competition SPL...get ahold of a TL and put 1 12" in a sealed box. Put it in the trunk and find your res freq.

for daily and SPL comps, build the box w/ the subs firing back (or forward depending) and the port(s) firing into the drivers side wall.

you will just have to play w/ it alil.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3263
marshall.....will lining the inside of the box with edead improve spl?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6238
"Try the Audiofonic adf-292 subs I hear they're loud and great for the price"

I would rather have an AA Assassian, or RE re, an5d there only $75

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2511
Chad,

i would never line the inside of a box w/ sound deadening (if you get ripples in the deadening, it could mess up the airflow). but, you may want to try fiberglass resin and bracing.

i gained 0.6dB from resin.

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 503
.6db from covering the inside of the box with resin? Like the entire box?

I'll see how my premier subs "hit" before I go an buy anything else! I am going for SPL and those subs are as much SPL as I can get for their price range in town, anything else here is Kicker and I didnt want to pay the bling bling for iffy subs. Havn't heard nor seen these subs in person so why not given em a whirl eh!

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 504
Whats the Audiofonic adf-292 subs site? I searched and can find nothing on them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us