Amp doesnt work!!!!!!!

Username: Icex48x

Post Number: 3
I have a 1996 VW. when i went to install my aftermarket CD player/speakers i noticed while hooking my headunit up that my car didnt have the amp remote or power antenna wires... well looked it up on the net and found out that thats normal for my car.. but how am i supposed to get my amp and speakers to work??? my headunit still worked but not the amp/speakers... plz help

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1979
u get the remote wire from the cd player! NOT the car. look for a blue wire behind of your cd player, that is the remote wire to run to the back to your amps!
http://www.bcae1.com/asystems.htm

Post Number: 4
ok ill try that and post later with results... thanks

Post Number: 5
cant edit... but theres a blue/white wire and just blue... u want me to connect take the plain blue one to amp rihgt? not the blue/white?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1989
plain blue!

Post Number: 6
k when i tried this out. still got nothing.... Amp light turned red for bout half a second then cut off..getting power to amp for a second but then nothing..??? i dont have money to take it to someone and have them hook it up so trying to do this all myself....

Bronze Member
Username: Dontavious89

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 78
Ight buddy...what amp..what size power wire is goin to it...DO YOU HAVE A GOOD GROUND?..usually like 75% of the time when i have an amp cut on then right off..its because a bad ground...either you don't have a goos solid ground..or your ground wire is not tightened or crimped tight...check it..it's usually best to have it grounded straight to the cars frame....but i know some cars like newer fords have unifrmaes..but i dunno about yours...but just check your ground then write bak to me..

Post Number: 8
i have a 1400watt boss amp.. crappy amp but it used to work great in my prelude... now i have a VW jetta... but yea i did have a lot of trouble finding a good ground and i dont think i have a good one still... was thinking about bolting a screw in myself? the ground wire is a 8 ga...any tips on where is a good place to ground it? on my old cars i grouneded it to the spare tire place.. worked good there but this car dont have it like my old cars....

Post Number: 9
ok geting closer..i got a good ground spot and getting a constant green light on my amp.. so its working.. but no noise from speakers.... i think this problem is coming from the rca's my headunit has 4 diff places i can hook up my rca's.. has a S.W-Out and a CH-IN... also has pre out and rear front left and right...
amp has line out and inputs... i have 2 sets of rca's but dont know how to hook those up.. in my old car only needed one set and didnt have more then 1 place to put em lol...

Bronze Member

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 79
use pre out....and just one pair..to the input jack on the amp..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
ok now im getting a kinda heart beat type thing out of my speakers... very quite beat and amp blinks red when it hits... its not hitting to the music.. i can have the music turned down and it still beats kinda like every other second it beats... i dont know i never ever had this much trouble lol but im a lot closer then i was this morning....

Bronze Member

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 80
wat model cd receiver do u have..i'm gonne look it up..i'll try to help u from there...i'm thinkin it might be just the wrong output fe rthe rca's..are u sure the rcas are good..and not cut up anywere..or havent been screwed throguh..er anythang..alota time su git a weird sound wen ur rcas touch ground

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
i have a panasonic CQ-C1401U... i know one of the rca's sets are brand new .... not very good brand but new.. i might have the old ones hooked up.. could that cause the speakers to do that? make that weird beat without the music though?

Bronze Member

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 82
yes...it verywell can..if one of the rcas have barewire..or a cut on it sumwur...but find your receiver diagram..where it shows the bak..find where itsd labeled subwoofer preamp output...and connect them there..might wanna try your new ones...incase ur old ones are the problem..then run em to your amp..make sure it's connected to the rca input labeled...in..or input..lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
its my SW-out.. tried both rca's still got nothing.. i dont know whats wrong with it...i guess it just something with the wiring... there was a lot of things differnt with this cars wiring then all the others ive messed with also noticed the amp turns off when i change from the radio to a cd and does nothing then.... so i dont know about that either... lol but Thanks a ton for your help though got me a lot it closer then i was....

Bronze Member

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 84
I can help you with the amp turning off wen you turn the cd player on...it is very common..you have the remote turn on fe rthe amp connect to the power snteena wire....so you'll have to find the remote turn on wire on the cd receiver..ur cd manual should tell you..if not git online to the manufactures website and get info on it..and yes it cud be your wiring to the subwwofer..that also cud be the bussing..if u have a ground sumhow touching a power wire to the sub or something..well good luck man

Bronze Member

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 86
Sorry..i mistyped it..it was supposed to say..you have the remote turn on for the amp..connected to the power anteena wire on the back of the receiver..its an easy fix..just find the i'm guessing other blue wire..and see if it is putting power out wen your cd player..and radio is on

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
kk got it to not cut off when i put a cd in thanks for your help.. i gonna keep fooling with it and hopefully have it working soon.... but you have def helped me a lot..thanks agian..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us