Two 12" ALPINE TYPE R

Username: Rayadicto

Post Number: 1
so i just bought 2 12" types r's and i hooked them up to my 1200 watt boss amp but they sounded horrible i think i might have hooked it up wrong, but anyways i want to get another amp but i cant decide what kind i was thinking a P5002 rockford fosgate but idk, can anyone please give me some advice! thanx

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 219
buy the MB quart raa 1000 from ikesound, it's 200$, what's the ohm config on those subs? ask to rovin he's type R guy

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1980
might be your enclosure sounding horrible too.. PM Rovin...

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 227
i think that he might wired them to create 1 ohm load and the amp is two ohm stable and maybe it clipped

Bronze Member
Username: Fooky

St Lucia, We...

Post Number: 26
Get a better amp man.....and ask Rovin for Advice on type R's...as to wht amp u need or wht enlosure would be best....he's mr Type R

Post Number: 2
they are 4 Ohms but would a boss 1200 wat amp push them hard enough and why do these subs have 2 positive and 2 negative connections on each sub?

Bronze Member

St Lucia, We...

Post Number: 27
Rovin or anyone,do ull think he Type R's would give a deeper and heavier bass than a Pioneer3000spl...???

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6717
just logged on

wow - seems like u all christened me > mr. type R -lol

that MB Quart amp plays excellent but those Rs can handle more than it so i would it 4 these 2 subs
Read what i said here after testing it with a bigger amp >>>>> https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/189456.html

since u got 4ohms dvc version of subs buy either a kicker kx1200/sx1250 or orion 1200D amp & u will bump happy .

Juvenile - i cannot say 4 sure as i never used that 3000 but seeing that its 1000wrms the 2 12s Rs should have it beat due 2 double cone area & both pushing double air also .
BUT if u want SPL - 4 around the same $ u can buy 2 3000 subs & have a fairly decent SPL system...

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6719
""so i would it 4 these 2 subs""

^^^shoulda been I WOULD NOT REC THAT MB AMP FOR 2 OF 12" Rs - because they can handle more power ....

Bronze Member

St Lucia, We...

Post Number: 28
ok Rovin so u i get a pair of 3000spl over the alpine's ?
all i really want is for my bass to be heavy and hit hard,and shake stuff around when i pass....

Bronze Member

St Lucia, We...

Post Number: 29
ok Rovin so u saying i get a pair of 3000spl's over the alpine's ?
all i really want is for my bass to be heavy and hit hard,and shake stuff around when i pass....

Bronze Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 77
put the r's in a ported box and give each one 600 watts. they won't be as loud as the pioneer imo but the sq will be alot better and they'll still get loud.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 658
Rigo Gomez... they have 2 negs an 2 positives because they are Dual Voce Coil Subs which means they have 2 Voice Coils on each sub... also what model are you using from the boss amps

Also here is a Wireing guide since you dont seem to know how to wire DVC subs

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6725
Juvenile - if u buy 2 3000 u should be hittin HARD !

with my 2 pioneer 306 subs they hit pretty hard but imo SQ fell short cause these can't play bass lower than 40hz . Dunno if its the same way with those 3000 .......

Post Number: 3
my BOSS amp is a 1200 watt C700 caos
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us