Kinda OT, BB

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 379
So i had lost all hope of getting a job before june and then Best buy randomly called me in for an interview on monday...i applied for sales in car audio, vid. games, and cashier. I honestly don't know if i can work at that place though...i went in last night and asked what the biggest fuse holder they had was and then he asked what i was running...when i told him i had a 1200d and i'd be adding about a 300-400 watt amp for my comps/coaxs (w/e i go with) he told me that isn't right and that you don't need more than 100 watts for your reg. speakers. I felt like hitting him, my HU puts out 100 watts. The saddest part is he is an installer, that scares me.....but if they hire me i think i'll suck it up cause i need money lol.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 183
the other day at circuit city one of the employees in car audio told me the L5 was better than the L7 and not to waste money on an L7 because it gets just as loud with the same sq. he also told me that the eclipse ti's are not very good subs and his type r was just as good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 381
^^ Nice...I still can't believe i let them install my HU (year ago...) and it turned out fine...yah the car audio guys at our BB are horrible probably because they get dominated by our local audio shop, Great Sounds. I don't know what their gonna hire me for cause i applied for as many posistions as i could lol, but if it was car audio it'd be great, they would notice the type r sales spike and everything else fall off lol. Although theres probably some ghey rule where you have to support/speak highly of ever product. Ughh that means i would have to incourage people to buy caps....well if their stupid enough in the first place to buy a 1 fard rockford cap for 120 bux its there fault.

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 586
I thought Circut City didnt carry Alpine^^?

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 338
screw you guys.... i'm goin home

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
He was talking about CC, i'm talking about BB, basically the same stores with diff. brands...and doesn't CC have a sep room for car audio?

Bronze Member
Username: Mygame5982

Houston, Texas Us

Post Number: 46
My friend use to work at best buy in the electronics department and didnt even own alot of electronics.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 194
what is wrong with caps? or are you complaining they want $120 for a 1 farad. i bought a cap a while back because i thought it would help reduce clipping. i got mine off ebay though, $30 for a 1.5 farad.

Silver Member

Post Number: 387
The problem with caps is most people who get one do it for the wrong reason...they think it'll fix all their current draw problems when really they need a HO alt. Caps should only be used when you have enough power to power your system in the first place. And 120 is rediculous for a 1 farad one...its rockford fosgate and BB so what do you expect....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us