Brax, Helix, McIntosh...

Silver Member
Username: Ruthless06

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 102
I want the cleanest possible sound I can get from my xxx when I get it. Money is no option.

I was looking into the jl 1000/1's for the sub, one on each coil. People said overpriced, but for my application and what it has to offer I don't think many can compare in my opinion.

I want clean, low distortion sound. Regulated power supply, as I will be playing the subs mostly with the car off or at idle. And my alternator doesn't put out much at idle.

I heard that Brax, Helix, and McIntosh were pretty much top of the line. But don't know much about them.

I plan on getting a stinger isolator for the batteries in the trunk.

I have 8v preouts on my HU and plan on using all 8 volts of them. So I need something that can take up to 8v.

If you guys have any ideas/links to other amps please let me know 'cause I wanna have them ready for when the sub gets here...

BTW for my box I will be building a slot port, 2.5cuft tuned to 30hz... Think it will turn out nice? Right now my type R 10 tuned to 35hz fills the cabin up so nice. It's not super loud, but extremely low in my opinion.

Any suggestions would be awesome... Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 66
pg xenon 1200.1's? there nice and worth it if you can find them (discontinued line).

by the way, what did you pay for the xxx and what's the wrms it handles, i'm thinking of a new setup for a suv.

Silver Member

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 105
630 shipped, shipping varies and that was with a promotional code, they said something about my calling before they even opened the day it was released was why i got the promo price. they said that is subject to change though...

it handles 2000wrms

Silver Member

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 107
I posted in wrong section, just noticed, whoops.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6135
zapco 9.0x

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6136
my bad

zapco c2k 9.0x

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 471
Actually, the Trutechnology H-1 are some of the better "SQ" monoblocks out there. Takes a knowledgeable person to use it as it can lend itself to internally fail if voltage is not monitored. Friend had one catch on fire whenhe was running it below the recommended voltage. Amp will make lots of power and sonically be very good on the damping.

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 488
Brax and Helix are awesome stuff. Very pricey, but great quality. Sat in a demo vehicle with all Brax speakers and amps (with Helix as well) and it sounded insanly clear. I my self will be runnign Helix (Dark Blue) amps in my car and I cant wait to hear them with my set up.

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 353
wow thats dangerous

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 178
maybe some other people know more about it than me but i think the xtant 1001x looks like a really good amp.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 179
rockford fosgate T20001BD, it looks sweet and has some really cool features. it must be expensive for a reason.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5808
I'd get a Brax just for the lifetime warranty. They're built like tanks.

Sinfoni makes great amps as well, I'd imagine the new Arc Robert Zeff SE amps are great as well.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3365
Jonathan, i went ahead and sent David the money for the Arc Audio 1500-XXK to match my ID MAX 12 sealed. Let me know on thursday how your amps are etc...

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5809
Sure thing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us