How can i tell?

Silver Member
Username: Darkale85

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 112
what kind of jl sub i got?i got them off of ebay but the kid didnt tell me what kind they were i know that they are single 8 ohm subs but what im geting at is i have seen the w0 with a vrc on the bottom of the magnet and this doesnt it actualy doesnt have any thing on the bottom so i was just wondering if any one had any ideas thanks in advace

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1424
thats kinda hard, all the older models looked the same. think the gaskets were different on some and maby some of the magnets.

got any pics??

Silver Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 113
unfortonatly no do u think u can get any picks and i can try and pick which one matches?

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 164
hey face it mabe they arent even jl subs unless they say jl on them. but if it does say that then post some pics and im sure someone could tell you

Silver Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 114
well i tell u what the big jl symble in the middle of my dust cap pritty much gives it away lol any way when i said what i said i ment on the rear of the speaker ya know where the magnet is thanks

Silver Member
Username: Ruthless06

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 103
On the motor it should say xWyzOHM

x being size ie. 12, 10, 8
y being model ie. 0, 1, 3, 6, 7
z being impedance ie. 8, 6, 4, 2, 1.5

something like 12W04Ohm

Silver Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 117
where would i find that though i was looking befor i installed them but i couldnt find any thing
thanks by the way

Silver Member
Username: Ruthless06

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 104
imagine the sub sitting cone surround down, around the circumfrance of the motor(magnet) is where it [should] be. Every older JL I have dealt with is like that. The serial number is there also I believe... might be wrong about that, haven't done the jl thing in a while lol

Silver Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 120
im still trying to figure out wich jl sub model i have i dono if this will help any but it is single 8 ohm voice coil so i dono if that will limit the posibilitys it could be but i do appreciate the help every one
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us