Eclipse subs VS JL subs

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 154
opinions

Username: Shman

Michigan United States

Post Number: 7
i hear a lot of good things about JL, but i could never rationalize spending $800+ on a single sub. my friend has a 15" Eclipse Ti in about 4cu.ft ported box with an audiobahn a18001td amp in an explorer and its loud as $hit, plus he's running 6awg power wire right now so its clipping too. once we get the knukoncepts 4awg its gonna be even better

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3175
JL AUDIO all the way.

Username: Shman

Michigan United States

Post Number: 8
you really cant lose between these 2 subs. the only deciding factor that you should consider is the price

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 697
it shouldn't be price it should be what ever the listener decides they like more. If the JL is too expensive then wait and save the money it will be worth getting exactly what you want.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
so basically what everyone is saying that jl sounds better but costs more

right

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1557
Joseph: I've spent a lot of time messing with JL W7 and Eclipse Tis at a local shop here. What we've found is that the Eclipse gets louder, and the SQ is almost as good. But IMHO, the W7 just sounds weird. For the $, Eclipse Ti is the way to go. JL's products are WAY overpriced. Save your $ and put it into a hellaciouse amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
so what your saying is the jl w7 is overpriced and sounds weird. i think a lot of people will agree with overpriced but not wierd sounding

one more question would the eclipse 15 in ti get louder then the 13w7 (not the pro)

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1211
Eclipse

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3186
you know what alot of people say. you get what you pay for.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 172
kind of off topic but i saw a lot of eclipse stuff at circuit city i think are they making a jump towards mainstream car audio.

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 586
the gov. claims they pay 30$ for a single bolt when compared the same bolt that the gov. payed 30$ for was the same exact bolt you could get at tractor and supplly same exactly

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
well i guess the only way to really find out is ,when i go to get my system to hear both eclipse and jl

i mean if its mine my thoughs count right what i like is what i get

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 472
Well, Eclipse has a pretty proven designs as alot of the better online companies use the same buildhouse. Not that all these subs are the same but they still have certain traits of that buildhouse in them. I too think the W7 has a unique sound of its own that you either like or hate. I neither like it nor dislike but think there is better. For the price you're look at paying for either I'd go with Stereo Integrity or RE. Also the W6 series has better SQ than the W7. Output isn't up to the W7 but a proper tuned box could help out.

As for Eclipse going to CC, I think its they adhere to a very tried and proven formula that isn't always up to date. Typical Japanese way of thinking, stick with a certain standard but always tweek it. I know alot of the shops like Tweeters and Freemans didn't like the fact that the older units weren't Ipod ready and did't have flashy displays on them. Also remember CC isn't getting the CD7000 series and only has the CD4000 as the highest on display model. The AVN7000 is out there but not with the add-on piece. I think shops will be upset cause Eclipse's new line is right on par with Alpine and has a better build than that crap Alpine put out with their new buildhouse. I love my 8454, can't beat that right now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
aplose, well spoken

i get the point
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us