Any ideas about customizing dash?

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 385
Well i got a Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD(off Ebay) and come to find out crutchfield said it wouldnt fit in my dash because its too deep.No biggie though even if i knew that before i bought it I still would have got it because i can always customize.1)Do you think crutchfield knows what their talking about? 2)Any ideas on customizing dash or making a center console.----P.S they said my dash is only 6.37" deep and the 5700 is 6.64" deep.

Silver Member

Post Number: 388
Bump

Username: Shman

Michigan United States

Post Number: 9
crutchfield might not be accomodating for the wire harness, or maybe they are just giving the dimensions of the stock hu. either way i think that it wont be a big problem fitting it in there 'cuz a third of an inch can probably be made up for with a small mounting kit modification (ie. spacers between the bracket and the dash)...idk, if all else fails u could just try to wedge it in there with a screwdriver. lol jk

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1224
LOL
yea just take out the stock deck see if you can move some parts around behind you dash if so take out everything THAT ISN'T NESSISARRY behind the dash and see if that will make room for the deck

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 999
Behind mine there was a heat vent that took up most of the room. I could have modded that or removed it if need be, so perhaps you can be as lucky

Silver Member

Post Number: 396
Come to find out the 5700 has a adjustible mounting sleeve.2 bractkets screw into the sleeve instead of just snaping in.So i dont have to customize dash after all:-)

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1003
pefect........always great when that stuff happens :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us