RE 12.1 Problems

Bronze Member
Username: Derick06

Texas, Rio G... United States

Post Number: 21
I got my RE 12.1 amp today and tried hooking it up to my RE SX but it isn't moving much. The sub plays very little. I hooked it up many different ways but still no luck. Can someone please help me out. I put the amp's gain at 3/4 but there wasn't that much sound so I cranked it all the way up so I could see if there was a difference but there wasn't. Can someone please help me out I spent the whole day today trying to make this thing work.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1891
what is the sub wires as? how many ohms?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1413
what do you have your lpf, and subsonic filter set at.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1412
yeah, check the filters ^

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
I've checked the filters. The gain is at 3/4, the subsonic filter is around 30 hz, lpf is between 70 and 80 hz, and the phase is at 0. I think it isn't working properly because I wired my 10" L7 to it and it moved very little, and I know that it's not my wiring because I tried another amp and it worked fine. I tested the RE with a Multimeter at the terminals where you wire the speakers like the tutorial that JL has and it didn't read anything. I think I'm just going to call RE maybe it's defective.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
bump

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1422
hmmmm, that what it sounds like, i don't know anything else that could be wrong with it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us