Problem with remote wire turning on amp

Username: Malo21forever

Post Number: 1
Alright, this is my dilemma

My remote wire from the back of my cd deck isnt putting out a strong enough signal to power on my amp when I start my car

so what I did was run the remote wire from the amp to the fuse box on the inside of my car, I dont remember which one but its prolly my windshield wippers. So when my car comes on so does the amp, however there is a pop when I turn the car on and when I have the bass set really high and I change the track on the cd or radio station also when I turn my car off.

Please Help cause its driving me crazy....is there any other way I can run a remote wire or some how add more voltage to the one comming off the deck so I can hook it up properly.

Thanx

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1398
the pop is prob from lack of turn on/off delay most HU's have. you are turning the amp on quickly and turning it off fast too. a relay should solve that problem and you might be able to use the HU's rem lead with a relay too. do you have the wire on a switch or does the amp stay on all the time now??

why do you have the bass set so high??

not really sure why it'd pop when you change tracks though.

Post Number: 2
its not on a switch....its connected to one of the fuses in the fuse box inside the car....so its only getting power when the car is on...I have the amp set high cause I dont want to under power the subs and this is what it was set at when I had it installed....I dont have problems with distortion its just the popping....but besides that it sounds great....really loud and clear.....I just wanted to know why the remote wire comming from the back of the deck isnt powerfull enough to kick the amp on when it powers on....this is why I have it connected to the fuse. oh yeah and the deck isnt the one I had installed originally...its a flip out pioneer monitor....just a cd deck not a dvd deck

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 423
1st get it off the wiper fuse and connect it to the acc. fuse.

what amp have you got that a remote start won't start?? I've never heard of such a thing. But connecting the remote turn on to the acc. fuse should correct that.

The popping you are hearing sounds like a bad setting on the amp itself.

Post Number: 3
I had a different HU installed at one point then I switched it to a pioneer AVH-P6400 I believe and now its popping.....also the voltage for the remote wire on the back of the deck isnt strong enough to turn the amp on....so thats why I have it hooked up to the wiper fuse but ill change it to the acc. fuse......however im still having issues with popping when I turn my car on and off and when I have the volume on low and im switching radio stations

Thanx for the help everyone!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us