Amp for kicker compvr 15 inch subwoofer

Bronze Member
Username: Mygame5982

Houston, Texas Us

Post Number: 23
what amp whould be best for 2 kicker compvrs fifthteen inch?

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 136
dual 2 or dual 4

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
?

Bronze Member
Username: Mygame5982

Houston, Texas Us

Post Number: 24
dual 2

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
audiobahn a2150hct 450x2 at 1 ohm
audiobahn a2200hct 600x2 at 1 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6122
Audioburn A8000T perfect

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 651
James Caroll... Buy the 4 Ohms DVC Version of those Kickers an buy the amp that ive left a link to below

this is the only amp i can find that has enough power an will still be within ur Price Range because you did say you only had 480 for Subs an AMP in a previous post ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-BX1205D-CLASS-D-AMP-1200-WATT-AMP-BRAND-NEW_W0QQite mZ5879142440QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This amp is probably the most power you will be able to Run before needing to Get a High output alternator to handle the amps power demands an its probably the most power you should use with those Subs (altho i would use more but im the kinda guy that likes liven on the edge an doesnt really mind if over time i damage the subs because im always buying different subs eitherway LOL)

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 652
Buy the 4 ohms DVC Version of those subs an wire um together for a 1 ohm load to get the full power out of the amp to the Subs Since the amp is rated for 1200rms X 1 @ 1 ohm

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 653
You could still use the A8000T tho an it would do the job fine an you would be able to use the 2 ohms Version of those subs with that amp because the amp is rated for 800rms X 1 at 2 ohms, so then you would need to wire the 2 ohms DVC subs together in series Parallel for a 2 ohms load

I think Chauncey has an almost new A8000T for sale right now for only 110 bucks shipped so maybe it would be a good idea to buy it from him

His brother was using the amp for his RE SX sub an he only used it for a very very short while but now chauns brother is buying a new car an is going to get an entirely different system (probably a more powerful one an hes probably also gonna get an Ho alt because hes trying to have a system that can take on chaunceys Massive system LOL)>>> only joken about that last part Chauncey

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 654
YOu know the better choice would probably be the A8000T because if you dont plan to upgrade the Electrical system in ur car then any amp with more power will probably just be a waste of money because you could get a 1200rms amp an not have to upgrade the alt but you wont actually be using more power then the electrical system can supply so with a 1200rms amp it would probably make ur cars battery constantly sit at around 12 volt an maybe even a tad bit below an since an amp is rated for its output at a predesignated volts input which is 14.4 volts in most amps,then you would only be getting around 700-800rms out of the amp because you can only supply it with a constant 12 volts so buying a larger more powerful amp is really only gonna be a waste of money unless ur stock alt is fairly strong an truth be told putting 800rms into the subs rather then the 1000rms that they are rated for max, wont make any noticable difference

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 196
CadillacDb

I 'm thinking about buying pair of 15" cvr . and wire them on my amplifier sx1250.1 .

Does this work without any problemes like blow my sub's ,and what i have to buy 4 or 2 ohm .

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 657
Night Mirage.. you will want the 4 ohms DVC version of those Subs an then wire them together for a 1 ohm load since the amp is rated for its full output at 1 ohm .. an that amp should be fine for those subs.. an its a great AMP Choice so Good Work
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us