H2 SuB...AMP? HELP HELP HELP HELP

Bronze Member
Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 35
I have a Orion H2 gettin 230 watts rms now.. its a 2000 watt rms sub. Im usin that crappy dual amp cause it was free, i need to upgrade my amp i want to get as much spl as i can...i have 200 dollars. Im lookin at a kenwood amp? Maybe a orion? idk...help?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2408
if you are on a budget...look at hifonics.

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 68
or alphasonik

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6052
do u have an electrical system upgrade???

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1648
you need to spend a few more dollars then that, it needs alot more power then that....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
no electrical system upgrade im on a tighhtt budget, i have a crapola 230 watt rms amp going to it now all i need is a solid amp that will run the sub decent without blowing anything im not tryin to win any competitions or anythin lol

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1776
if u dont have a charging system, u might as well upgrade now, or sell that sub real fast...

u need something like a ORION 2500D amplifier! with that said, u need a HO alternator that puts out atleast 200 amps... << thats just to wake this thing up..

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 556
look at hifoncs or some refurbished orion or viper amps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
My friend has a really small civic hatch and hes got a jl 1000/1 without a electrical system upgrade...i dont need more then 1000 rms. How much could i give it without the upgrade

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6594
I was about 2 say EXACTLY what B said - heed his words .........

Username: Switch197727

Post Number: 2
Thats like having a new car and not having the keys. You will have to spend a lil more money to bring it to life. And im not sure but i think that you are gonna hurt the sub by underpowering it with that amp. keep saving and keep seaching ebay sometimes you can get unbelieveable deals on there. (oh yeah and nice sub)

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 222
save more money, buy the HO alternator, then when you get all that you get happy and say thanks to the people in the forum.

LOL!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
I just bought a Hifonics 1500d amplifier.. i think i can wire it to either 500 wattsx4 ohms 1000watts at 2ohms or 1500at 1 ohm..i only have 230 goin to the sub now on my crappy dual amp that was to hold me over.. like i said my friend has a JL AUDIO 1000/1 amp going to his 12" W7 in his CIVIC HATCHBACK and his lights dim a lil bit thats all. My car is a 01'crown vic i think ill be ok with some dimmage.Plus i dont keep my sub/amp turned up real loud alot. I cant get a HO alternator becuase its my dads car and he wont let me make any changes to anythin under the hood..gerr but yea when i get the amp hooked up ill tell you guys how it is..i appreciate all your help but i really cant upgrade the alt. ill have to take this chance..dumb i kno.

How many diffrent ways can i wire my Hifonics 1500d to my Orion 12" H2? j/w im a noobie.

THX!!

Bronze Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 71
wire at a 1ohm load and give it the 1500wrms.

but like everyone else has said, and no ones trying to come off as d!cks, but running that sub/amp in your car off the stock alt. is plain dumb. you are going to kill the alt. and have to replace it. so since you said it's your dad's car better to talk him into a ho alt. cause it aint going to hurt anything and just explain to him that if the alt. aint replaced then he's just going to have to shell out $ to replace the stock alt. (which again will die on you).

by the way, why won't he let you put in a ho alt. but he lets you run car audio in his car?

Bronze Member
Username: Dontavious89

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 81
Also if you talk to him and still can't upgrade the alternator..git a powerful capacitor.it will save your alternator...and your headlights shudn't dim..ebay's got good deals on caps aswell

Bronze Member

Ct.

Post Number: 74
not to talk down to you bryce but getting a cap. won't save the alt., common mistake.

the cap will save you from the lights dimming, but other than that it will do more harm than good. a cap. has to hold a charge to deliver to the amp, but where do they get the charge, the alt. so adding a cap. will actually do more harm cause that's just adding another item drawing power from the alt.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Can i wire this amp to give it 500 watts so it dosent blow my alt to start and if its good wire it to 1000 and see what happens?? plus dont hifonics only put out like 75% of there rated power so i heard?

Bronze Member

Ct.

Post Number: 82
could but you'd take a chance of damaging the sub by underpowering it, from i've heard. and why would you, didn't you have it underpowered before? seems like a waste of money to have bought the amp if you aren't going to use it fully.

just brake down and get a ho alt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us