Help. Amp Kit Pieces

Bronze Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 25
Here are some pieces I got with my amp kit I have no idea what they do and what benefits i can gain with them. I think the one in the top right goes on my battery but for the others im clueless.

Could someone explain to me in detail what the purpose for these are.
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 30
Anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1444
on the first picture:

Top left: This is an inline fuse, you wire that into your power cable about 1ft from your battery.

Top right: Battery terminal distro block, you can put this onto your battery terminal if you're connecting several wires. (wiring 2 or 3 amps and other items)

Bottom Left: Fused distro block, if you have to split your wire to two separate amps you would put this before your amps. Run your main power wire (4ga) into one side of this and then you would connect the smaller power wire (8ga) into the other side and put those to your amps.

Bottom Right: Just another distro block, highly doubt its nesseccary for your install...

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1445
PS: item placement is from your point of view looking at the screen...

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 138
(Top left: This is an inline fuse, you wire that into your power cable about 1ft from your battery.)

^^^ Does it matter if its not 1 ft from the battery? I have mine right by the amp. Is it better to do it by the battery?? Thanx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us