rockford 1500bd
earthquake PHD2000
Hifonics BXi1606d
or any other great suggestions at reasonable prices

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 533
i beleive that the 12 is 1200 watts rms. you def. dont want to put tha kind of power into those beccause one, they are power acustic and two, they dont sound extremely well. i would get 2 audiobahn a8000t and hook up one to each sub. cheap amp that puts out its power.

hifonics nd earthquake put out around 75-85% of the rated power they say.

if anything, i say the rockford

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 534
what is the VC configuration, and ohms of each speaker?

Username: Fooky

Post Number: 5
Recommended RMS Power: 1200W
Peak Power Handling: 2400W
Impedance: Dual 2 ohms subwoofer wiring options

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1653
1500bd, and those will take some power.

Post Number: 6
well all im interested in right now is to hit some high DB's so i hope this setup works ...or do ull have better setups in mind ?

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 439
Is it the fact that you have no money the reason why you ae going with that setup? Honestly the Hifonics is the best out those but that ain't saying much and the Audioplop subs, forget it! There are many other budget subs out there that will sound much better. IMHO..Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 166
amps posted= good subs=crappy

Post Number: 7
well its easy for ull up there to purchase ull equipment....but to buy subs or amps and get it to the caribbean(St.Lucia) cost a whole lot....do the maths..$1 usd = $2.69 ec...after i purchase da subs i pay 60% of the cost price and $8 ec per pound to clear it at customs when it gets down here....sooo now u know how hard we take it down here.

Post Number: 8
and i also got some good reviews on the subs like:
by gengotcha:
For its price it highmarks its place in the SPL car audio world. Its ability to get "LOUD" and Db's rise smoothely while the motor consistantly keeps alignment while excursion from this subs displacement punches your back like Mike Tyson. Kid's they werent joking about Power Handling. I compete with Old HCCA Orion amps and can tell you why pyramid , low end , cheap made brand of amps and subs dont compete and could say so being a hgih end XXX , Brahmah , and Orion H2 competitor, this Mofo for its price is just rediculous LOUD ! and gets only LOUDER. Not an exagerated sub, it says 1200Wrms, Ive seen death olympics with subs and Digital Design won, 2nd Place was JL audio w-7, and WOW 3rd trophy went to yours truely PA MOFO 12" . This subs been endured through 2000Wrms for 9 months in my friends blazer finally being murdered by an Orion 2100d. He was out to blow the sub ((he's got alott of $$ and is addicted to sub abuse)).

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 725
"hifonics nd earthquake put out around 75-85% of the rated power they say."

I'd always heard EQ was under-rated if anything.
Have you seen any benchtests on the '06 HF's?

"amps posted= good subs=crappy"
Hmm, I see Algebra isn't your strong point.

Post Number: 10
so wht would u say the hifonics is a better buy over the EQ? and whats the benchtest like on the 06 HF?

Username: Lutach

Kearny, NJ USA

Post Number: 2
Try a Massive Audio CA 200. I have brand new one for sale.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6636
ur from the caribbean - so am i !.....

Bronze Member

St Lucia, We...

Post Number: 11
Well Rovin its easy to buy equipment in trinidad....cuz i know a lot of my buddies who get they audio from trinidad,deh says it cheap down there.guess i might have to take ur number and u could organize a link for me....oh im from St Lucia

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6641
Well i wouldn't call it 'cheap' fair is more like it cause like u said - s/h , taxes then ppl have 2 make their mark ups etc .

Maybe when u convert ur currency into T&T currency it might work out cheaper 4 u .

We do have almost every major brand u see these guys talking about . I know where the stores r located & can tell u where but with work/time i cannot do or look in to stuff 4 u .

Exchange rate here is $630 to US$1 ...

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 142
I kinda agree w/Lenelle Jn Panel. PA subs do have pretty good SPL in my opinion for the price. I think it all has to do w/what box you put it in and the setup though.

(Rovin wheres Trinidad and where is the West Indies? Is it by japan some where?

Bronze Member

St Lucia, We...

Post Number: 12
yea Rovin i would agree with u ....to my currency it would be kinda cheaper..ok lets compare something...how much would a Pioneer 3000SPL sub cost.dats one of the best subs u could walk into a store and buy in St Lucia.and it cost$900 EC dats $1800 TT or $325 US....and the freakin same sub goes for around $100 US on ebay.

Bronze Member
Username: Nanbakat

Mexico CityMexico

Post Number: 12
Trinidad and Tobago is located off the northern coast of South America.

The "West Indies" is a name used interchangeably with "caribbean islands" to confuse geography tyros.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6644
Here is T&T
http://www.google.tt/search?hl=en&q=trinidad+%26+tobago&btnG=Google+Search

Juvenile -
that Premier 3000 goes around tt$1200/1300 each , never heard 1 in car . Those Pioneer 306 subs here = tt$500 , i bought 2 of em & did not like the SQ of it so i'm force 2 sell back the pair tt$850 (have them on a T&T forum 4 sale all now) as well as my 2 Alpine 1242D Type R which i just put up (calling tt$2500/pair) & listed my MB Quart Raa1000 amp 4 sale as well (tt$2500)- just 2 see what kinda offers i could get 4 it ......

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1799
rovin u really confusing them man with them prices..

tell them man how much a pair of JORDANS is.... they might fall out of their chair...
I think my cuso paid like 1000$, but he work at the bank in TT.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6646
ya - but they better notice i pu tt$ -lol

Been a very long while since i bought any sneakers since i wear cheap comfortable rubber sandals which also keeps my feet cool & 'toe jam' free .

Hey i even wear my sandals when meeting bank managers -lol ....

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1823
"toejam" << hadnt heard that word since i was a kid. seriously....
LOL

sandals is cool... i remmember when everyone wanted a pair...

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6648
Ya i just now about 1/2 hr ago bought me a new pair tt$25 (soft rubber type) cause the bottom of mines wear out & is very slippery when it rains -lol ......

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1826
Rainny season still? Them rubber slippers 25$$ now.... murda!

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6653
no now is dry season but now & then rain still falls like when it was full moon day b4 -

not d dogg cheap slippers i talking about u know - that still is around $5 . What i talking about has 2 adjustable straps by the toes & 1 around the heel/ankle .

Sorry 4 jacking this guy's thread -lol...

Bronze Member

St Lucia, We...

Post Number: 13
lol ull jus take over my lil thread lol........but rovin i must say ur prices good on the Type R.only thing i wouldnt mind knowing is whts the weight like on it ?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6663
thats the very 1st thing i wondered when i lifted 1 R so i went & weighed it same time on a btahroom scale .
1 12" R weighs 20 pounds !

in case ur windrin too - 1 12" pioneer 306 sub weighs 14 pds ........

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 195
i've heard that PA mofo's get burn very quickly or they get on smoke and opti yeah my math is good jejej lol!

Bronze Member

St Lucia, We...

Post Number: 16
Rovin i dont find the type R to be tht heavy.i have actually always been interested in the type R but i read on a review a guy posted tht if u a rap fun he wont recommend those subs.and i want a sub to kick me in the back when it plays and shake around the place oh and also drop really low..........

Bronze Member

St Lucia, We...

Post Number: 17
oh juliob thanx for the comment bout the PA mofo...ive actually been a lil fun of them cuz i got sum really good reviews on them ....but have u ever heard a Mofo in action??i wish someone could tell me wht they sound like..

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6672
well i did honestly weight it & its really 20pds

not quite following what ur saying above but trust me - its IMO a good bang 4 the buck SQL loud sub & hits all the frequencies quite good .
Very few ppl give it bad reviews prolly because they heard it in some1 else's lousy install .
I have rec Rs 2 quite a few ppl here on ecoustics & they wrote back 2 thank me (see bragging section when its working) .....

Bronze Member

St Lucia, We...

Post Number: 19
Rovin...All i want to know now is would it totally out play a Pioneer3000spl...cuz i live in a lil village and there are like 5 of us (age range 19-23) competing,im the youngest..and the guy which sounds the best runs 2 Pioneer3000SPL.so i jus want to know if i will out play him.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us