Which System is better ???

Username: Fooky

Post Number: 3
im planning on running 2 12' Power Acoustk Mofo's with a rockford 1500bd...do u guys think i will hit sum high DB's??

or would 2 12' soundstream T4 with earthquake PHD2000 or Lanzar opti2000d sound better........im lookin for pure SPL and cuz we dont really recognize SQ down in the Caribbean Islands......and im from St Lucia

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 164
choose the 2 soundstream and select the amp you want cuz both are good, but IMO i'll buy lanzar cuz more power for less money, IMO.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 535
dont expect to hit high db's with power acoustic. in car audio, you get what you pay for. get a couple of comp vrs and you would be happy for a starter system. with thatm your looking around high 130's or 140's.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 438
get one Mag 12 and something that does 1000-1200rms and get right under 140db's in a sealed box.

Bronze Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 27
Go on EBAY buy the (2) 12" AUDIOBAHN AWES12P ETERNAL SERIES PACKAGE!!($299): You'll hit 155db+ ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-AUDIOBAHN-AWES12P-ETERNAL-SERIES-12-Subwoofers-PAIR_W0QQit emZ5880311230QQcategoryZ48613QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

With this box, made for Audiobahn($59.99):

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUDIOBAHN-DUAL-12-PORTED-BOX_W0QQitemZ5879044459QQcategoryZ5 0568QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

With the Earthquake or Rocford amp..

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
man, that's not the best cuz the SQ of those subs is bad, better buy some subs from ascendant audio or kicker CVR

Post Number: 9
i took a look at the AudioBahns DJ Tucker suggested ....deh look decent enough but i was never really a fun of audio bahn...but this one kind of have me thinkin twice....i also looked for reviews on them but i aint gettin ne so wht do ull think of it plp ?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1661
first off what type off car do you have, that will help determine what subs for spl.

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 39
I found some reviews for you...

http://www.cardomain.com/reviews/list.pl?reviewed_sku=ABNAWES12P

THESE SUBS ARE GREAT!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
people in here, the experts like chauncey and all those guys say that those subs are bad and they don't recommend it to anybody

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 61
Those subs are everything but BAD! The only thing I've heard * The same company - Audiobahn * that sound better is the Immortal series! ...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2428
I would NOT recommend those audiobahn subs!!!
What is your budget?

DJ...

quote:

Go on EBAY buy the (2) 12" AUDIOBAHN AWES12P ETERNAL SERIES PACKAGE!!($299): You'll hit 155db+ ...

man, do you realize how loud 155dB really is??? I highly doubt that 2 audiobahn eternals would come anywhere close to 155.(even in a one-note-wonder box) Even Immortals are a waste of $...beleive me, i have installed quite a few.

bud...i'm not being mean...but, please go to an SPL comp and see what a LOUD system really is.

Bronze Member

St Lucia, We...

Post Number: 14
wht is da SPL comp ????

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 62
I've been to MANY SPL comps.... I know what a loud system is!

My work-partner hit 159.2db or something around there!

He was:
'96 Nissan Maxima
(2) 12" SPL Extreme Competition
Each speaker is gettin' 3.25 cuft. of air space
Fiberglass ported 2-chamber box
(2) Rockford Fosgate 2500D amps
* Extra batter - don't know what kind *
5 Farad Audiobahn Cap
0gauge wire throughout the car

( That's just his bass ) ~ I'm got even goin' to expose his sh!t like that!

His brother-in-law hit about 161db.

2005 Dodge Ram Quad-Cab
(4) 12" SPL Extreme Competition
Fiberglass ported box
Each sub is gettin' around 2.1 cuft. of air space
(4) Rockford Fosgate 2500D
* 2 Extra batteries - Don't know what kind ( probably same as brother-in-law )
(4) 2 Farad caps

Those are loud systems!! If you ever want to hear them.. Well, you'll probably only be able to hear the Maxima... Come to Ruston, LA!

I've heard MANY loud systems! And yes! the Eternal Series can reach 150-155db ... B/c I've seen it done...

And the Immortals can hit over 155db ...

I know myself w/ my 2 L7s... I hit 148.4 on a db meter! ... And I need a BIGGER BOX!... So I know loud!.. I'm a true SPL freak

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2444
kool man...high #'s like that arnt easy to get. (those were on the Termlab...right?)

anyways, are there any shops in Ruston that have meters? I need to do some testin in my truck.

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 261
What were they tuned at?What burps were the using or was it music?

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 67
Some people from, MTX or Eclipse i'm don't really sure come to the BK 3-on-3 in Grambling & came to LA TECH w/ 2 18-wheels... And they had a meter to allowed they few folks that were they to blast away! That's how I was measured...

I know some police squad cars in ruston have db meters... HAHAHA! They'll use'em on you to in a heart-beat! ... I was usin' a Bass CD that my homie recieved from Kicker

And I also had another bass CD, but I only played the scale.. Freq. is set @ 40 or 42hz ( It's not less than 40 I know that... * According to the guy that gave me this box *

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1849
B calls BS on DJ!

man those numbers are far far far from termlab!!!
it also takes way more that that to get to 159.2... much less 161db....
NOT A MAXIMA TRY A CARAVAN or ASTRO!!!!! lol
FYI the loudest trunk in a wall hit 155db....

NOT 1 run of 0ga, try like 15runs of 0ga + 15runs of grounds....!!!
1 extra battery?????????????? COME ON MAN~!!!!
try a bed full of 2150s or kinetik batteries....

NO HO alts??????? just Capacitors???? ummm come on again????
try 3 300A alternators man.....

man astleast make us try to belive u somemore........................

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
jajajajajajaja lol!

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2446
yea man...i kinda hate to, but after looking at those #'s agian...i'm throwin up the BS flag too. (unless those #'s were on an old AC mic)

1st place at dBDrag Nationals last year in Street B (2 12's class) was 153.7 on the TermLab.

DJ...did that meter look like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/AUDIOCONTROL-SA-3055-CAR-AUDIO-DB-SPL-METER-SYSTEM-NEW_W0QQi temZ7600682046QQcategoryZ25423QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
(but instead of the graph, it displayed #'s)

but i will have to say thi...i have seen 2 RE Mt15's w/ 8 crossfire 1000d's do 162.xdb on the TL. (USACi comp...i have a vid)

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1396
LOL, what a crock of sh1t, you might hit those numbers if its in the port, but thats the only way. but if you really are hittin those numbers with your L7's come to ohio and i let my friend with 2 10's own your azz, cause i know he will, 2 10inch shocker sigs, and SS boxes, with a kx2500.1 to each=153.2 on old TL so its about 148-149 on the new TL, and thats in a mustang.

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 68
Well, I know what I saw! And I know what I heard!... that's what they hit, and you can come down here and witness it * I have no reason to lie, if I was lyin', i'd good to the bragging sections like a lame, and claim crap I don't have, etc! *

It looked similiar to that, prally a lil' smaller, and the mic was shaped different!... they put the mic piece in my trunk, shut it, and it showed 138.4

Silver Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 217
138.4 i think you mean 148.4. and the mic in the trunk pretty much makes the biggest difference in the world!!! they measure db's legally on the dash, unless your doin port wars or outlaw or whatever... i dont know much about spl comps and measurin db's but i know enough to tell you that^^^^^^

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
jajajjaja Dj 2nd time you get shut jajajajja lol!

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 781
LMAO^^

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 262
Well usually in the bragging area they post pics. You should post some of yours!

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2448
http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/product.asp?Product_Id=28613&d_Id=5252&l1=5252 &l2=#

Did the mic itself look more like this?

Either way, if the "box" part looked like the one in the link i posted above...it is an old AC mic. (if it was smaller, it was an old Coustic mic)

They both meter 3-6dB higher than the new Termlab. And if you metered w/ the mic in the trunk...thats another 3-6dB higher than metering in the kick-panel (USACi style). Metering in the trunk is pretty much metering in the port (port-wars style)...btw, i do 161.x port-wars on the Termlab.

A half-a22ed estimate for Termlab scores in the kick-panel would be: 150-153 for the "159", 152-155 for the "161".

If you meter Legal style (doors/windows closed, meter on the dash)...subtract ~2-3dB from those "adjusted" numbers. The Termlab is a hard a22 meter to get a high # on...but they are very, very accurate.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 767
I hit 149.6 with two 15" L7's on the old mic. mic was in the proper place, but i call bs on the others

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 768
i also had a pair of 16.5" FunkyPupS that hit 165.7 with the mic on the hood of my accord. speakers were in the trunk too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us