Best single sub for me

Bronze Member
Username: Bigd25x

Michigan

Post Number: 30
so i have read almost all the reviews and people talking about subs on here but im still not convinced. i have a 98 Dakota Ext Cab and i wana keep most of my backseat so i can only get a single sub, i want 1 12" sub. SPL and SQ are both major factors, i used to own 2 12" RE:SE's and i loved em. im thinking either a AA Havoc or a RE:MX when they come out. both have 1500RMS which i would probley only put 1200RMS to. but you think that will be loud enough? i have no doubt about the sq on em. any other sujections?

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 411
Get a XXX whe they are available and hit it with either two KXZ1200s chained together or one Orion 2500 wrms amp. Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 238
if you want a SPL and SQ sub u mean SQL. i wouldnt underpower your sub like that so maybe an SX giving it 1200RMS. ik everyone says there pure SPL but i think they have pretty good SQ. by the way the box for the MX and Havoc will probably take up most of your back with the enclosures so i dont think u would be to sucessful with keeping a lot of room in ur back seat

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 31
well id put it in a 1-1.5ci sealed box. the xxx is pretty huge ive heard and its pure SPL and ive heard the SX's and there more SPL too. I just found out the havoc is only a 15" too and i really want a 12". Anymore ideas? how about the Eclipse Ti's?

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 422
1-1.5 cf? You need ID max. Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 427
Stereo Integrity Mag 12 will be all you need. Give it 1000-1200rms and call it a day. Will beat any sub mentioned so far in SQ/SPL.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 32
hmm i never really heard of em but from what i hear there amazing. i found one on ebay real cheap i think i might get. you sure it can handle like 1200wrms. do you have one?

Bronze Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 12
WHY THE HELL ARE YA'LL TRYIN' TO OVER-DO STUFF??? EVEYONE * With common sense * knows that ANYTHING will sound good in a TRUCK!... So, since you want a single 12" do this:

Get a
12" Kicker Comp VR Dual 2 ( So you can bridge down to 1 ohm )
SuperBass Probox
Amp: Whatever you desire, you don't need alot to push a kicker... And they give you great SQL.. and you DO NOT need to go spend $200+ on a damn amp... you can get you a Memphis Class D 250 and beat the hell out your truck

Username: King_1532

Tallahasse, FL United States

Post Number: 8
d00d Kicker 4 the lose, I would definately go with the ID Max or the SI Mag, both are great SQL subs.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 431
DJ how something sounds in a vehicle has little to do with the car it self it still has to do with the subwoofer and its characteristics. A truck or SUV will help in audible output due to cabin gain but the SQ of the sbu still has to do how the sub is made. Those Kickers will in no way have a better low end or even overall sound than the Mag. And if you're looking for a good amp, hit me up cause I'm selling out the overstock of mark Antony amps and can get a 1500(1000x1@1ohm) for under 250$. Beats the Memphis on build and quality.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3319
Look at the RL-P 12 subwoofer also. They are great ported for SQL. Only require 600-700 watts rms.

www.soundsplinter.com

I also recommend the ID MAX 12 ported at 2.5 cuft @ 30hz

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 14
Darren.. How much are you tryin' to spend on this system??

~ (1) 12" Kicker CVR - $89
~ 1-12-SBPB ( SuperBass ProBox ) - $75
~ MEMPHIS 250D - $150
That's about $322 w/ tax and all...

I think that'll be better for SQL... Whether than spending:

(1) 12" ID MAX - $109+
Get a box built w/ 2.5 cuft and tuned @ 30hz - $80 - $120 * Depending on who's doin' it, and what kind of wood they use! *
Mark Anthony 1500 ( Not Class D ) - $230 + S/H
That's about $419 * And I gave it the benefit-of-the-doubt by adding the minimum price *

You save about $100 ( $97 to be exact ).. And get just about the same amount of SQL! Soo.. I say go w/ Kicker... It's more reliable, it's more durable, and you can pound the hell out of it.. More than the other speaker...

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 432
actually, Mark Antony 1500 is D class and saying a Kicker Comp has the same output and SQ as the IDMAX??!! You obviously haven't been in car audio alot or explored outside stores. IDMAX will murder the Comp VR on all aspects....Kicker blows in the SQ department and output is only good on the square subs(but no SQ).

Soundsplinter RL-p is a good choice also. Not as good as the Mag but then again price isn't as much. Depending on the budget would narrow down choices.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1379
hey alter, did trevor, or who ever bought a mag from you ever figure out what his problem was, i remember a thread a while back where he said the mag didn't have much spl and the sq wasn't great, just wonderin if you guys ever figured it out.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 33
so right now, either ID Max or MAG or wait for an RE:MX, i do not like kicker at all sry. the cheapest i can find an ID MAX for is like $350used. thats alot. i found a MAG for $150 used. how much is the MX gona be? im not worryed about an amp, ill find one, probley from one of you guys.

Bronze Member
Username: Moheevi

Post Number: 34
can i have a link to an ID MAX sub? thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
"WHY THE HELL ARE YA'LL TRYIN' TO OVER-DO STUFF??? EVEYONE * With common sense * knows that ANYTHING will sound good in a TRUCK!... So, since you want a single 12" do this:

Get a
12" Kicker Comp VR Dual 2 ( So you can bridge down to 1 ohm )
SuperBass Probox
Amp: Whatever you desire, you don't need alot to push a kicker... And they give you great SQL.. and you DO NOT need to go spend $200+ on a damn amp... you can get you a Memphis Class D 250 and beat the hell out your truck"

please do some research!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 132
I hear the Kicker 05cvr's have alright SQ compared to the older ones.

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 433
SPL and SQ are both major factors

Ok with this in mind, KICKER IS OUT! Kicker puts out some SPL but they have no SQ what so ever! Matter of fact they sound like sh!t compared to almost anythng else other than Audioblahhhh. I still cannot believe the same company puts some good amps out. Kicker is popular with the young croud because they are cheap and loud. The same people usually don't know what a SQ or a SQL vehicle sounds like or in fact the same people are the ones who don't know when there subs are clipping, you hear them go by, lol. If you are looking for good SQL more closer to SQ, get a 1.2cf sealed enclosure, one ID max 12, a 500-1000 Wrms amp and have a go at it. You will be very happy with that sub. I had two but I am never happy with anything so I sold them. The SQ on those subs are unreal and found I was able to play anything. My next choice is RE subs, I own 2 sx 15s which when the XXX comes out I will be selling those too. If I had a chance I would sell my wife for a better one, lol. Polo.. :-O

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3320
For those who are interested in ID MAX 12 by Image Dynamics. Here is a list of dealers.

www.cardomain.com / authorized

www.speedsound.com / authorized

www.mainstreet-audio.com

www.woofersetc.com

For those who are looking for the RL-P 12 by SoundSplinter here you go

www.soundsplinter.com

Bronze Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 52
Just to let you know that mag on ebay is the older claw basket version. It is a great driver but nothing compared to the newer version.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 34
thouse RL-P 12 by SoundSplinter are really nice but only rated at 500rms :-\. the ID Max is ALOT of money. And the RE Audio MX isent out yet and the SX is not good for SQL i heard. hmmm... soooo stumped

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 17
Actually... Since you say " Someone hasn't been in car audio too long or explored... " and " Please do some research ... " ... I bet my system sounds a hell of alot better than yours! I know car audio, I know that my system sounds great in every aspect, song genre, SPL, SQL, SQ, and anything else you can think of... Soo, if you really wanna see about it, come see me...

On the other topic:

Darren is most likely NOT goin' to spend $350 on a used sub... * I know I wouldn't * .. I wouldn't even spend $150 on a used sub... That's just stupid! I don't care what ya'll say about ID Max or the RL-p 12... They cost way TOO much just to get SQL, and then get crushed, and also sound ridiculous when you crank everything up...

ALSO!... * To get on Polo *.. When you hear me go by, you won't hear any " Clippin' of my subs " .. you might wanna make sure your baseball cap is secure... * Dependin' on how I set my cd player... SuperBass, or Custom... * and you'll still here my words w/ SuperBass on, Crisp & Clear..

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 35
well i have ext cab dakota, i have a full bench backseat i wana still be able to have people in the back so i can only have one sub, sealed. 1cu-1.5cu box max. i would love around 1000-1500RMS sub, i want it to compair to 2 sealed 12" RE:SE's, i want SQL, quality is more important, but DJ Tucker is right, these subs are expencive for used. i will buy used but it must not be like beaten up alot. i really like the way the re:se's sound but 1 is deffently not loud enough for me. ill probley guy a 1200 or 1500watt monoblock hifonics amp. my headunit is already setup, im just waiting for what i decide to get.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 445
DJ in car audio you pay for what you get. So what is your "awesome" setup you speak about? I have yet to even post what it is. and "Superbass" lol........and whats your numbers on the mic???

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 18
The description of my system is in my profile! I need say more about that... Unless you want to know that I added another Class D 3000W amp... So now each sub has 2200 watts rms goin' to them * But I choose not to push my subs that much, unless i'm bein' challenged * The system that I put on here is in my daily driver... I have 2 other systems that are just for comp.! Do you want to know them... Fine I'll tell you! I'll even take pix and should you!

Comp. Car Audio System #1: '95 Buick Regal GS
(2) 12" Dual 2 Eclipse Ti's
Custom made ported box ( each sub is gettin' 3.4cuft. of air space )
(1) JBL 1200.1 Class D Monoblock amp
* Pushs 1537watt rms w/ 14.4v, which it gets, @ .5ohms *
(1) Audiobahn 1.5 Farad Cap
Stinger Yellow Cap * Extra battery *
Poineer DEH-6400
(4) Audio X Bullet Tweeters
(4) JVC 5-Way 6x9s
---- That's does it for that one ----

Comp. Car Audio System #2: '97 Dodge Status
(1) 12" Kicker Solo-X
Custom made ported box ( 6 cuft. of air space )
(1) Boss Audio Rip-D3000 Amp * 2200 watts rms - Class D *
(8) Niobiun Tweeters
(4) Pioneer 6x9s
* Sony Explode 550, and autotek 400 for interior speakers *
Kenwood In-dash Touchscreen 7" Flip-out
---- That does it for that one ----

ANY QUESTIONS?????... you can't compete w/ me! So don't try it!

And you want to know how my .db I hit??? In which car???

DARREN!!! For a matter of fact ---- Get you either a:

Treo
Eclipse
Kicker
or
SPL Extreme Competition

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5780
SI = progressive suspension, tighter suspension, higher Fs, higher BL with a rather parabolic BL curve.

ID Max=linear suspension, lower Fs, looser suspension, lower Mms, and a lower BL.

Both have about an equal amount of linear excursion capability. It is quite clear that the ID Max is better inclined for a small sealed enclosure. An SI Mag will be more inclined to ported enclosures. Of the first few versions of the Magnum, I was more impressed with the Max for SQ use. I haven't heard the most recent, but most commentary from the unbiased puts them about equal SQ wise, neither really outdoing the other. It's simply a matter of matching the horse to the course.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1746
Comp. Car Audio System #1: '95 Buick Regal GS
(2) 12" Dual 2 Eclipse Ti's
Custom made ported box ( each sub is gettin' 3.4cuft. of air space )
(1) JBL 1200.1 Class D Monoblock amp
* Pushs 1537watt rms w/ 14.4v, which it gets, @ .5ohms *
(1) Audiobahn 1.5 Farad Cap
Stinger Yellow Cap * Extra battery *
Poineer DEH-6400
(4) Audio X Bullet Tweeters
(4) JVC 5-Way 6x9s
---- That's does it for that one ----

Comp. Car Audio System #2: '97 Dodge Status
(1) 12" Kicker Solo-X
Custom made ported box ( 6 cuft. of air space )
(1) Boss Audio Rip-D3000 Amp * 2200 watts rms - Class D *
(8) Niobiun Tweeters
(4) Pioneer 6x9s
* Sony Explode 550, and autotek 400 for interior speakers *
Kenwood In-dash Touchscreen 7" Flip-out
---- That does it for that one ----

ANY QUESTIONS?????... you can't compete w/ me! So don't try it!

And you want to know how my .db I hit??? In which car???

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^
DJ

u compeiting in what class? and what are the numbers.. I still dont think u ready for me kid. check my profile.

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 449
Quite a mix/match there DJ, flea market?

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1385
hey B, what you hittin with those treo's, i bet my friends shockers have you beat.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1386
BuMp

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
DJ- I wanna see pictures of ur 3 cars for a 19 yr old college student.

btw- B would school ur a55 in a comp

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 36
soo if we can get back on the subject here lol, ok ive heard ALOT of good things about Eclipse Ti's but i dont think i can aford one, i wana throw like $200-$320 on a sub. cheap = better, but like i said i want to be able to have atleast 1000rms. and SQ.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 446
Dayton MKIII are good Sq and SPL subs. Nice price and good performance.

As for DJ, i'll let the pissing contest end here, but B would more than likely school you and I won't comment any more on that mix and match of predominently flea market stuff...only thing worth anything or that caught my eye is the Eclipse Ti's.

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 40
Actually I brought my stuff str8 out of: Audio Empire( Auth. Dealer of Boss & Eclipse ), Music Mart( Auth. Dealer of Kicker ), and SynQuest Car Audio( Auth. Dealer of JBL )... I bet B wouldn't school me, haha! If so, you can come down to the Car Shop in Grambling, LA @
Grambling State University Campus
Last full week in April

---- I'll be there w/ all 3 of my cars ----

Ohh, you want pictures... I'll take some after my Mid-Terms are over! They'll be posted Sat. or Sun.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1762
"Actually I brought my stuff str8 out of: Audio Empire( Auth. Dealer of Boss & Eclipse ), Music Mart( Auth. Dealer of Kicker ), and SynQuest Car Audio( Auth. Dealer of JBL )... I bet B wouldn't school me, haha! If so, you can come down to the Car Shop in Grambling, LA @
Grambling State University Campus
Last full week in April

---- I'll be there w/ all 3 of my cars ----

Ohh, you want pictures... I'll take some after my Mid-Terms are over! They'll be posted Sat. or Sun."
DJ TUCKER^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

r u sure u even going to qualify?? lol

cause it would be a waste of gas, time, & entry fees, and u still might not qualify....

thats more of a daily driver system, diff not a comp system.... sorry to buss ya bubblesss...

just look at your own equipment list....

how abuout u come to NC, ill meet you anywhere in NC, or even SC too. LMAO!

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1763
Ill be @ Daytona NEXT week for bass race... We taking my buddies Tahoe for BASS RACE.. he is guaranteed 3rd place atleast!!! easily do a 148db on TL with music NOT a sinewave... Ill have pics, and the actuall stats...

we actually getting his new box measured out today....

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 49
I'm positive I'm doin' to qualify! Entry fee for all is paid for!...

Oh, these are for minor competitions... I know I wouldn't do too great in a BIG TIME competition like the one their having in Tennessee!

I'm waiting for my money to get right so I can finish my life time project

1966 Buick Electra ( I have the car )
Leather interior, stock EVERYTHING!!!

TRUNK will have:

3 Solo-X 18's ( Paying only $1876 )
6 KX2500.1 ( Paying only $2594 )
Fully Custom'd Covered Box ( Paying $875-$940 )
2 Stinger Yellow Tops ( $274 )
* 3 amps to each Yellow Top battery *

EXTERIOR:
Classic Paint Job
White w/ M.O.P coating ( $1200 )

INTERIOR:
Re-do leather bench seats * white * ( $500-600 )
7" In-dash Flip Out ( got that )
17.1 Flip Down ( got that )
Fluffy White Carpet Floor ( $700 )

ENGINE:
Chrome EVERYTHING - ( $7000 )
* w/ minor restoration *

The total cost I was given was a WHOOPING!
$ 14,519 $

I have about $6,438...

Every year I make about $1500-$1700 just by installing car audio during my free time

and I get about $3,600 in college refund and scholarship money

$3000 has to go to my probation office * DTP * payin' for over a period of 3 years

Soo, I believe when I grad. from college, i'll have about $2,000 more to reach what I want!

THAT'S WHAT I'M WORKING FOR!

But i'm the present, i'm doin' what I have to do to get it.. And that's win money in minor competitions, street shows, and hustlin'... and work!

Considering i'm 19, I think I'm on the right track!

3 cars, w/ beat * lots of it * and electroniced OUT! Insurance all together is about 1100 x 3 ( $3300 ) a year!

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 37
thanks guys for turning my thread into like a war zone, okay you both have real nice system and they probley both sound amazing. but back on subject. so alteraudiousa, these Dayton MKIII's where can i check em out at? how much are they?

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1781
u can get some Dayton MKs from alteraudio... email him Sales@AlterAudioUSA.com

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 38
hmm thouse are nice but the MK's are only 500RMS thats not enough for me :-(. And like the title says i can only have a single sub.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1389
you might wanna look into the AA aresenal and Adire brahma, im sure both could handle 1000watts and both are great sql subs.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 451
What does the power rating have to do with it? The Brahmas are rated for 600rms and the AA are 500-750rms.

Look at either of these 12s
http://www.alteraudiousa.com/Category.aspx?CategoryID=68

brahma is a little different from the older versions. I don't like them now. Older ones were much better. You may want to look into the Stereo Integrity midlevel subs coming out
www.soundsolutionaudio.com and cehck the forum out. Also the Bully 15 is an impressive sub you can find on my site.

And DJ, why do you have tv screens with you don't have much for interior speakers??? You must have a very unbalanced, awful sounding system. All highs and lows and no mids?

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 39
i really like the AA subs, but the Aresenal is only rated for 750rms, i want SQL pure, im trying to get loud and good sounding outa one sub, i cant have 2. like i said before i really want a sub that can handle atleast 1200RMS or more. Something that would give 2 RE Audio SE's a run for there money.

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 56
Alteraudiousa - I do have mids! And no system is very balanced * Until I turn my bass all the way up * My mids come from my eclipse 6x9s(2) ... And it's crispy clear!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6101
Crystal Comp X..Period

http://www.crystalmobilesound.com/subwoofers.htm

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 216
been dying to try one of those, supposedly came out on top over some big guns in a review, including the W7.

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 60
I bet that hits.. It just doesn't look too promising!.. Considering that the 12 & 15 hold the same wattage! Plus, he still wants his back seat!

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 454
I've heard many good things on higher end Crystal products, I'd pick one up. Similar specs to the Mag but slightly different due to higher power handling on it. W7 isn't that hard to beat now as many online companys are building better and better subs each time. W7 still is one of the better ones out there.

And DJ, just keep on thinking you got a balanced system with 6x9s for your entire midrange. But to each his own, SPL is not my tastes anymore, enjoy!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6109
yep my boi got 2 12 comp x's, and honestly overall those are THE BEST subs i have ever heard.

I should be getting 4 15 comp x's soon i will keep u guys updated

Bronze Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 65
I'm positive I'm doin' to qualify! Entry fee for all is paid for!...

Oh, these are for minor competitions... I know I wouldn't do too great in a BIG TIME competition like the one their having in Tennessee!

I'm waiting for my money to get right so I can finish my life time project

1966 Buick Electra ( I have the car )
Leather interior, stock EVERYTHING!!!

TRUNK will have:

3 Solo-X 18's ( Paying only $1876 )
6 KX2500.1 ( Paying only $2594 )
Fully Custom'd Covered Box ( Paying $875-$940 )
2 Stinger Yellow Tops ( $274 )
* 3 amps to each Yellow Top battery *

EXTERIOR:
Classic Paint Job
White w/ M.O.P coating ( $1200 )

INTERIOR:
Re-do leather bench seats * white * ( $500-600 )
7" In-dash Flip Out ( got that )
17.1 Flip Down ( got that )
Fluffy White Carpet Floor ( $700 )

ENGINE:
Chrome EVERYTHING - ( $7000 )
* w/ minor restoration *

The total cost I was given was a WHOOPING!
$ 14,519 $

I have about $6,438...

Every year I make about $1500-$1700 just by installing car audio during my free time

and I get about $3,600 in college refund and scholarship money

$3000 has to go to my probation office * DTP * payin' for over a period of 3 years

Soo, I believe when I grad. from college, i'll have about $2,000 more to reach what I want!

THAT'S WHAT I'M WORKING FOR!

But i'm the present, i'm doin' what I have to do to get it.. And that's win money in minor competitions, street shows, and hustlin'... and work!

Considering i'm 19, I think I'm on the right track!

3 cars, w/ beat * lots of it * and electroniced OUT! Insurance all together is about 1100 x 3 ( $3300 ) a year!

This kid has STINGER Yellow tops.... :-S

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 40
OMG STOP FIGHTING, DROP IT, So Chauncey, these Crystal Comp's they look very very nice and that 1600RMS wowzers. but how about the price. whats the cheapest youve ever seen em? where? have any other ideas too?

Bronze Member
Username: Nztunez

NelsonNew Zealand

Post Number: 16
I really don't see how anyone can get a "best choice for sub... amp.. HU... components... etc" as everyone will have a different point of view depending on what they've heard and what they are familiar with and the type of installations they've seen.

It's entirely possible for example that 2 people may have heard the exact same type of sub...but one was installed well in a nicely made box with a good quality amp, nice HU...good well matched comps and the system sounded great.

Another person may have heard that same sub in a crap box made with 1/4" plyboard, an amp wheezing out it's last breath...a header worse than in a stock 1975 Dodge and comps that sound like gerbils running inside a wheel in a cage...that exact same sub would probably be classed as crap in that situation.

Even if both subs were well installed...the vehicle itself, the sound deadening ...even the music beaing played would have an effect on what each person thought of the different installs. The debates are endless and go round and round forever.

I think the best you can do is narrow it down to a list (5 or 10 choices) and then pick one and do the best job installing it as you can which is 90% of the battle (deadening, box building, proper wiring etc)...tweak it as best you can and then be happy...to hell with what might be better according to Earl in Alabama or Bubba in Kalamazoo...because there's always something better and everyone will say this and that is better as new models come out.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 455
well considering that there has been woofer tests here and there and many people like myself have spent a lot of time switching setups I'm sure there are people who can tell you whats good and whats not. Alot of it has to come down to own personal taastes but it gives choices for a broad question. Some answers though like trying to say a CompVR can compete with a IDAMX or Mag is a stupid response and deserves to get flamed. Most of the good replies on here have atleast stayed within the same "class" of subs, except the Comp VR.

Bronze Member
Username: Nanbakat

Mexico CityMexico

Post Number: 14
Maybe you should look into this new product from Alpine: PLT-5 LAT subwoofer. It is meant specifically for people who want bass in pickup trucks but do not have a lot of space to give up.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Bj2QZotw3Mr/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51000&I=500PLT5

The website says that installing this enclosed system is the sonic equivalent of two 10" subs.

I haven't heard it in person so I can't comment firsthand, but it could be something of interest for someone with your needs.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1840
u serious>?

Details:
» amplified subwoofer system with Linear Array Transducer (LAT) technology
» six 5-inch woofer cones in Ultra Reflex subwoofer box
» Alpine PDX 250-watt RMS digital amplifier
» variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
» bass boost (0-12 dB @ 45 Hz) with wired remote control
» subsonic filter (15 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
» phase control (0, 180 degrees)
» speaker- and preamp-level inputs
» 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended -- wiring not included with system
» 21"W x 14"H x 9"D1 x 6"D2
» warranty: 1 year

I PASS!!
They should have just put a 300rms amp in a sealed bandpass then sell it!
pre-packaged right?

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1841

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1393
at what ohm is your amp rated at, if it has atleast 1200wrms@2ohms you might wanna consider the eclipse ti.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 41
i dont have an amp yet, i will be geting a decent one tho, i was looking at the Eclipse TIs, they look really nice, kinda pricey tho aint they?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us