Whst 6X9's are you runnin and how do you like them?

Bronze Member
Username: Royt

Swimmingmom2...

Post Number: 40
Whst 6X9's are you runnin and how do you like them?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3060
Boston Acoustics SL95

they sound great.

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 244
Infinity Kappa 693.51 three ways, sounds pretty good but still need the sub for decent bass.

Bronze Member

Swimmingmom2...

Post Number: 42
do you have them amped?

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 245
Yes, you really have to have them amped. Hifonics Nemisis 880 I think right off the top of my head, it is a four channel with 100x4 (supposidly) and my doors are Kappa Perfects 6.1 and the rears are the 6x9s.

Bronze Member

Swimmingmom2...

Post Number: 43
do your kappa's have good high's because I am getting a PIONEER PREMIER DEH-P860MP and it has built in crossovers so I am not woried about any bass from my component speakers I have a 12" pioneer sub I am putting in the trunk.
I dont want to add tweeters but I listen to techno a good bit so I want really good and clear highs.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3063
talkam........how do you like the perfects? do they have good mid range sound.

roy....i am powering my 6x9s with the jl 450/4. the boston accoustics sounds awesome.

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 248
Roy T that is the same head unit I have! And I just took my sub out to sell for a better one and I can say my only complaint about the Kappas are they are too high, so it sounds to me that is what you might want to look at. Chad, I really like the perfects they are the best 6x9 I could find that is why I bought them............BUT.....don't take my absolute word for it if you don't like them you have to try to find somewhere to listen to them first.

Bronze Member

Swimmingmom2...

Post Number: 56
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 440
I used to use a set of Polks and liked them. Got out of using oval shaped speakers but tried to CDT CL-69x for a bit and liked them. Also like the Boston's too. But i'd really consider a component 6x9 setup or changing to a round speaker size.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 32
Was runnin the JL-Audio VR-690's but now in my car i have TR-570's.... I think the VR-690s are probably the best 6X9's in the world...any opinions on that?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3326
How good is the Alpine Type R 6x9 ? Glasswolf says there a nice 6x9

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3099
Mo i did what glasswolf said about bridging the rear channel and it does sound much better like that.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3328
You bridged the rearchannel off your HU right. Chad which 6x9's are you using or have used ?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3106
i thought he said bridge the rear channel of my amp so my rearfill will run mono? i am using boston accoustics SL95. they sound very nice.

Bronze Member
Username: Riano

Post Number: 22
i heard round are better then 6x9s for sq is that true??

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3361
Round are good for SQ at higher volumes. 6x9's do a good job of giving adequate bass for rearfill if you are not going to install subs. I whould recommend 6x9's if your not going to use subs. 6.5's sound better at higher volumes and cleaner. It depends on how loud you listen to your music and if you amplify them or not.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us