Will this be ok???

Username: Error_505

Post Number: 8
Would this be ok to run my 2 punch p2's? I guess I would have to run it at 2 ohms.

Rockford Fosgate Punch P6002 2 channel amp
150 x 2 RMS @ 4 ohms
300 x 2 RMS @ 2 ohms
600 x 1 RMS @ 4 ohms

Rockford Fosgate 12" Punch Stage 2 Subwoofer
400 Watts Maximum Power Handling / 200 Watts RMS
4 Ohm Single Voice Coil Operation with Parabolic Polypropylene Cone

Thanks for your advice in my other post.

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 51
if you know how to wire it for 2 ohms, then go with that, it should run stable. check on the amp every so often though to make sure it doesnt turn into a frying pan.

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 9
How would I wire it for 2 ohms? And should I be worried about it being unstable. I've heard good things about these amps but I don't want to buy it if it won't perform.

Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
first off, in order to run the amp at 2 ohms you would either need another svc sub or one dvc sub. this is how to wire it if you have 2 svc subs: http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2&impedance=SVC4
(follow the top diagram not the bottom.)
this is how to wire it with one dvc sub:
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =1&impedance=DVC4x2
(again follow the top diagram.)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
sorry, copied the wrong link. on the first link follow diagram #6. the one that says "(2)4 ohm svc speakers = 2 ohm load". on the second link follow diagram #3. the one that says "(1)4 ohm dvc speaker - 2 ohm load".

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 10
Upload

Is this image showing running the subs paralell or both positives to the positive on the amp, both negitive to the negitive on the amp? The pics only shows ONE channel, I would have 2 channels.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1673
Rockford Fosgate Punch P6002 2 channel amp
150 x 2 RMS @ 4 ohms
300 x 2 RMS @ 2 ohms
600 x 1 RMS @ 4 ohms

actually your amp puts out most power at 4ohms. 600rms...

u have single 4ohm subs, so u cant do match at all!!
if u hook each sub to its own channel they get a messley 150rms...

u can get some Dual Voice Coil subs to have alot more configurations, instead of being stuck with 1 config!

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 11
Well I can't afford any dvc subs right now....new baby. I just bought the P2's on ebay at a good price. I just need to find an amp that will work ok with these subs. Right now I'm using a punch 400s on some other subs. So what would you recommend with the setup of p6002 or KX600.1 and the p2 4ohm SVC 12's? Im so out of all the model numbers and stuff. I used to know a lil bit about this but never really got into ohms and such. Any help that will be stable and give me a good sound is what I need to know. Thank for your input and your continued help.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1677
Upload
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
to optimize that setup, u need a amplifier that will put out your both subs combined RMS power at a 2 ohm load!

Look for any 400-500 rms rated amplifiers that are 2ohm stable...

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 34
I do have the amp now. It is a fosgate 5002.
2 channels
125 W x 2 @ 4 Ohms RMS
250 W x 2 @ 2 Ohms RMS
500 W x 1 @ 4 Ohms Bridged RMS

I do hope that is what you where talking about B. It would be 500 watts at 2 ohms. I just need to know how to wire it for 2 ohm now...lol Thanks B

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 450
get and amp that is mono...that means it has one channel...so that it would say in the specs...500x1@2 ohms....

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 35
So I got the wrong amp? I know a guy that has this amp on p3 12's and they are rockin.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1698
it all depends on ohm load on subs and voice coil setup, and i bet his setup is wrong, any of the p312's voice coil configs will not match up to that amp bridged...

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 40
Im sure it all DEPENDS, that is why I'm asking and letting you guys know all the specs so I can get some good info from you guys as to what to do. Not ...Depends or.....You should have.... This is what I have and need to know what to do.I need to know how to wire my subs at 2 ohms 250x2 @2 ohms. I have a Fosgate P5002, and 2 P212S4. Im sorry if I sound rude, but my questions are being answered in another question. Thanks for your help and input.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1706
You have already been told, you can not run that amp 2ohm bridged, never mind go ahead a do it, it is going to clip out and eventually burn out, you have been told how to do it with those subs or what amp to buy.

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 41
I'm sorry for sounding rude TY, you guys have been helpful and I do take your advice. I'm just confused. I'm sorry. I think I was told to buy a T5002 and bought a P5002. So I can't run it a 500x1 @ 4ohms cause that will make it 2 ohms, right? Also, what does "clipping" mean? Thanks for the advice and I'm sorry if I offended you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1714
no prob, i would sell those subs if possible and get the dual 4 subs, or sell the amp and get an amp that is 2ohm stable, like the kicker 600.1 or maybe an alpine mrd-m605.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1715
how much would you be willing to spend on a good amp, I just took my JL 500/1 out of my truck.

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 44
Well I have already spent 250$ on that P5002. I could have gotten the T5002 for 230$...lol better amp, less money. I just posted a new thread asking if the T5002 would work? it has the option for 500x1 @ 2ohms bridged. ALSO, what is clipping. I have heard great things about JL 500/1, but I kinda want to keep everything fosgate. Im trying to make the back of my Camaro nice looking with matching amps and stuff. How much would you want for it. I might can sell it for you here. Also, what is clipping??.....lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us