Light On Dash

Bronze Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Post Number: 40
Is there a way i could put a light to flash on the dash without installing an alarm(light to trick people)

Bronze Member
Username: Halter

Ohio

Post Number: 81
there would have to be an alarm or some sort to set it off

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1612
just get a flashing LED light; pick a color...

Bronze Member
Username: Xxcodytxx1

Post Number: 45
You could also design a circuit that has a 555 timer and some resistors and hook it up to a 12 volt battery the 555 timer is programed to go off and back on every second

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1638
im sure he is not trying to wire a bread board. he know nothing about designin a circuit. but yea, something like that could work. with a timer and some ands and ors gates.

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 306
i had a buddy who hooked a Flashing LED to 2 AAA batteries and stuck it in his dash.. he only had to change the batteries every 3 months

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 922
they sell alarm lights at my local shop that can be used without an alarm to fool people. You just find a 12v wire and splice into it. The LED just blinks on and off. However, there are some alarm lights out there that you can tell if they are real or fake by looking at them. I'm don't remember the way they blink, but alarm lights are supposed to blink a certain way. If they blink a different way, then it's fake.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3043
or you can get an actual alarm. they do sell some real cheap ones. if you wanted a fake one originally then you wouldn't mind the quality of the alarm.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 923
^^^hahaha.....that's an EXTREMELY good idea!! Why didn't I think of that? Chad with the brains is on the go again! :-)

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 250
Like Young James said, there are some at my local car audio shop. Maybe you can find some on google in the car electronics section if you aren't going to get a real alarm.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 924
i've seen them on e-bay too for a couple of dollars
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us