8 inch RE RE used for midbass? Wucha think?

Bronze Member
Username: Palanza

Post Number: 53
Just wondering what you guys think about using 8 inch subs for midbass? They are so small I think you could position them in some pretty sick cool locations in your interior.

(Console bahaha)

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1422
I don't see why NOT. But a subwoofer and midwoofer are designed differently. You'd possibly end up cancelling out the lower end of the 8's with your subwoofer.

Really, I'd go with 6.5" midwoofers.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6408
not sure of which freq range RE RE subs operate but from what ur describing ppl use EMINENCE midbass drivers 4 that purpose ......

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1957
it will work, but u have to like set ur filter according to ur subs roll off freq.

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Alabama

Post Number: 872
wtf is eminence?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6433
http://www.google.tt/search?hl=en&q=eminence&btnG=Google+Search

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1433
Rovin, those are guitar/PA speakers. Not meant to sound good at all, but simply play loudly. They are in NO WAY meant for a sound quality car (or home) audio sound system.

Trust me, I tried once with a pair of bookshelves I was building, and used a pair of guitar drivers temporarily. They sound like garbage!

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6440
Tyler - don't mind its house speakers but ALOT of ppl use the ALPHA series (made especially 4 mids) in car audio & it does the job very well especially ppl with very powerful subs who use it @ comps . Some ppl also use another house sub called SELENIUM in the same way they use the alphas ........

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6441
"another house sub" - not really a true sub , i meant speaker as in plays mids very well ....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us