No help in speaker section...

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1926
im ordering a 12'' diamond d6 this weekend and i wanna go ahead and order some 5x7 coaxials for the front...i dont wanna spend more than $120 though any suggestions..i was thinking maybe the diamond d3 speakers

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1084
isn't diamond a good brand?

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1927
yep...i hope so anyway lol

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1930
http://sonicelectronix.com/cat_37.html
heres the page im going to choose one of them from there..im getting the sub there so im gonna go ahead and order the subs there too...im thinking about the jl's for 89.99

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6371
can't u fit 6.5" comps with a spacer ???.........

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1931
idk im not wanting to spend too much money because i dont know how much longer ill have the truck but i wanna get something besides the shitt y stocks

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6373
around 100 bux u can get a pair of 6.5" Inf Refs comps on ebay - i have 2 pairs & they r decent......

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1933
what amp u usin ?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6377
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/189456.html

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1934
if u had to get some from the page i posted which would u get

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6381
never really had cause 2 use 5x7 cause its usually 6.5 or 6x9

tough choice cause i find it hard imo 2 those prices 4 coax when comps r almost same $

if i were forced 2 make a choice on that page - http://sonicelectronix.com/item_4813.html ......

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1935
well i dont wanna get comps because i dont wanna have to amp them because im already getting alot of blinking from my headlights

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6385
Oh , ok

well i'd advise u 2morrow 2 go measure the holes & see if u can still fit in some decent 50wrms 6.5" COAX in there & i think i read that its bass amps is what really pulls current & not smaller speaker amps ......

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 856
My buddy that got me started in this hobby worked for a build house that designed/engineered/built drivers for Diamond Audio.

I am not biast because its my buddy and that he is my audio mentor, but I actually listened to diamond products, and I find them to be better than Focal, MB Quart, and a few other name brands out there.

As far as oval shaped drivers are concerned, I am not familiar with their line-up in that size, and I am not a fan of those shapes, but what I know is that it is the crossover and the tweeter that makes or breaks component sets, not size and/or shape.

Component sets are ment to deliver the midrange. This area is most sensitive to the human ear. So look for a set that is transperant, smooth (especially between 800 hz to 6 Khz). This is the crossover knee region. It is also the break-up point. If you care for quality, this will matter.

Username: Cowboyup3004

Post Number: 6
I have 2 Diamond 10" subs in my 95 ford F-150..they are on an 400 watt Audiobahn Street mashine amp...My head lights dim too lol..But I absolutly love my Diamonds....aslong as I keep the amp turned down..I tryed to show off last week and blew out the back glass in my truch...no fun at all..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us