Measuring Aeroports......

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 374
When measuring them do you include the flare or just the throat (tube)? I get conflicting answers, thanks..Polo..

Bronze Member
Username: Bassheadjosh

Utica, MI US

Post Number: 14
Yeah I'm confused too...is it the length of the port before the flare and then the width of the actual tube and not of the flare?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1271
i'm pretty sure the flare has to be accounted for somehow. don't know anything else though. sorry

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2363
depending on the flare depth and width...you make an aero-port 2-4" longer overall than the lenght that a normal pvc port would be.

by the way...i'm going to start making 6" flared pvc ports this weekend. if anyone needs some, let me know. (i'm also gonna try my had and some 8"ers :-))

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 898
the flare does have to be accounted for im just not sure how ask marshall im sure he would a detailed answer he seems really good on the ports

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 899
oops neva mind lol told you marshall would know

Bronze Member
Username: Bassheadjosh

Utica, MI US

Post Number: 16
Marshall...how much for a port? Also how do I figure out a tuning frequency if I get a port? ANy mathematical formulae I can use? lol.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2369
let me build a few first...then, depending on how hard it is, i'll post prices.

hit me w/ an email:
marshall_white2004@yahoo.com

as for figuring out port length...go to:
http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm

scroll down to the ported box calculator and put in all your boxes info. (by the way, the ports i'm gonna build will need to be ~2" longer than the numbers that calculator gives you...maybe 1.5")

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1275
Marshall, if your gonna burn PVC (assuming thats the material you'll use) be careful. i think that gives off chlorine gass which isn't good. not sure if it'll kill but i wouldn't reccomend breathing it, lol.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2372
Yea...PVC can release for bad $h1t when you burn it. I'm gonna be using a heat-gun. Plus i'm gonna do it outside of my shop.

I have burned PVC before...not a good thing. (lots of jet-black smoke)

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 913
ya it gives off the stuff in rat poison what is it arsenic i tbelieve so be careful i learned that in electrical back in high school lol

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2311
id love to see pictures and then maybe be interested in purchasing. so hopefully it goes well. goodluck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us