How to hit around 145

Bronze Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 72
how can i hit around 140 fo daily if 150 is better with a hifonics xx colosous II and the box is 5 cubic ft per chamber i dont know the port so how can i achive this 1500 or 140 with subs that are not too expensive maybe two havocs or each sub do not execede 350 each if u know a sub that can hit this much by itself and around 600 it will be good thanks

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 241
If your looking at the Havocs, they are 1500 RMS each. You would need two of those amps you have to power two Havocs.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2354
150dB+ w/ a Colosus and 2 15's is very do-able.

I do 148.6dB @ 48hz w/ 1 SX15 and a jbl bp1200.1 in an ext cab chevy truck. (138.6 @ 28hz w/ my daily port)

For daily...i would suggest 5cuft per sub tuned to 32hz. For SPL...you will need to tune the box just below your vehicles resonance freq. (my truck's res. freq. is 48-49hz...i tune to 46hz and peak at 48hz for SPl comps)

What kinda vehicle do you have?
Also...make sure you get a high output alt and a deep cycle batt....also, run 1/0 wire for your power wire and big-3.

Bronze Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 39
An SI mag 15 in a big ported enlcosure with enough power will hit 140 and it is only $475. 2 12 inch mags we have gotten as high as 156 db's and two of them will be around 375 each. Either choice would easily get you to your goal and the subs are a lot cheaper than other subs that won't give you any more output.

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 512
how do you know you vehicles Feq response?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2356

quote:

An SI mag 15 in a big ported enlcosure with enough power will hit 140 and it is only $475. 2 12 inch mags we have gotten as high as 156 db's and two of them will be around 375 each. Either choice would easily get you to your goal and the subs are a lot cheaper than other subs that won't give you any more output.

Showrides...
what vehicle was that in? what mic? what amps?
what competition class?

Bronze Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 73
if i put 1 re audio xxx the new ones in a 5 cubic ported box with the colosousous can i hit more than 150 i mean like 153.5 or is better with one havoc or two or one sx or two i want to hit the most db's at a not too expensive price

Bronze Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 74
my car is a suv a 96 ford explorer

Bronze Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 84
stick wit the havocs not a bad sub for the money

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2361
roberto,

you cant just stick some subs in a box and expect to do 150+. Getting over 150dB takes some work...you will have to find the resonance freqency of your explorer and tune the box just below that freq. (since you are in a explorer...your res freq will be pretty low, prolly 42-45hz)

I'm guessing that you want this system for daily and for comps. If so, i would use interchangable ports...that way you can unbolt 1 port and put another in. (tune to ~32hz for daily, prolly 40hz+ for comps)

Try a box w/ the subs firing up...port firing back. Also, since you have an SUV (space) I would go w/ 2 15's or 2 18's. (RE SX, Havoc, RE MT, Audioque HD...just to name a few)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2362
by the way...RE SX 18's are ~$320 shipped.

Bronze Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 75
thank for the info

Bronze Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 76
btway where can i buy the interchangable ports and how can i find the freq of the car and i just built a box with 5 cubic ft per chamber put the problem is that i dont know how to tune it and if you know someone in chicago that can make good subboxes thanks alot bro

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 905
hey ya marshall how do you find the res frequency of your car

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2366
to find the res freq of your car...you will need to use and SPL meter (a Termlab would be best). put the meter on the passenger side of your dash (on the window)

you put a sub in a sealed box in your car. the you run test tones to the sub and record the SPL of each tone. (30-70hz, right it down in a table)

then you take the box out of your car, and put it on the ground in a parking lot or something like that. you put the meter 3ft away from the box and run the test tones again and record SPL at each freq. (30-70hz)

the you just have to compare the #'s. where ever you have the highest difference in SPL will be your car's res freq.

....and as for interchangable ports...you have to build them yourself. here is a lil how-to guide i made awhile back:
http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/650399/6

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2367
oh and roberto,

try 1 big box w/ 2 sub in the same airspace. 10-12cuft would be good for 2 SX15's or 2 havocs.

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 907
thanks alot marshall but i have no idea where there is a termlab around hereand i dont think i have the patience for it either but thank you

Bronze Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 77
thanks alot marshall so in conclusion i should try a box with out the middle panel that separates i should put the two woofers on the same box without separating them right

thanks alot bro.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us