SiLvErAdO sYsTeM

Username: 96silvy

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone im new to car audio so hopefully someone will help me out. i have a 96 chevy silverado ext. cab and i want to put two 12 inch subs in a custom box under my back seat. so what i need to know is what subs should i buy. money is not an issue. i also need to know what would sound better a forward facing box or down firing. thanks for all your help

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 424
IMO, downfiring sounds better. AS for the subs, what type of sound are you lookin for. Do you want everyone in a square mile to hear you, or just some low end extension. sound quality or SPL(just plain loud)?

Post Number: 2
basically im looking for crisp bass in the cab but i also want to be heard on the outside. i was thinkin 2 L7's. good choice for a sub? any comments or suggestions would be great

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 671
well L7's are loud but their sound quality is terrible if you want crisp clean bass i would definately look elsewhere. if money is not an issue than i would suggest 2 JL audio 12w6v2's they have excellent SQ and are quite deep.

Username: Mwhahaha

Post Number: 1
i have a 97 silvy and i guarantee you that you wont be able to fit a 12 under that seat. i personally have 2 l7 12's. at first i only had one and i had it so that the sub was right behind the drivers seat forward fireing and it was using the airspace under the seat and it worked fine. thats about the only way ya can put a 12 back there with the seat in. or you could do something like what i have now witch is having a huge ported box with 8ft of airspace and take out ur seat

Post Number: 3
actually they even sell custom boxes for under the rear seat that meet all the specs of the sub manufact.. what about type r's has anyone heard those in a truck before. i know a kid that is selling his r's for x's.

Username: Fiber

Post Number: 7
i have a 97 silverado ext and i had the seperate box's under the seat they will get loud but they won't get very deep with any sub more high bass i took my back seat out and installed a custom sealed box to take up the whole back and it is so loud I cant stand it plus since a silverado's cab is so small it makes it even louder than say something like a suv or car.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 330
You could do somthing like this http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1532

Bronze Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 86
what do u got for a budget greg
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us