Im so lost

Silver Member
Username: Steven1234

Rahway, NJ

Post Number: 130
ok im looking at diamond audio's D6's i was 1st looking to 2 12's in a ported box then i was thinking about 2 15's in a seal box.... then i heard about the boston's G5's but they are no where near the same wattage as the D6's so i donno if the output would be the same.. then i was looking maybe the image dynamics idmax then i saw the assdent audio aresenal.... so yea im freaking stuck i have no idea what direction i should go..... im loooking for spl that is a lil less or the same as my L5's but way better SQ and accuracy then the L5's so please help if ya can... also if u have any other ideas for subs that would be good as well.

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 200
the d6's and arsenals should be a good choice for you, both have better sq than the l5's, and still have good output.

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1908
2 12'' d6's ported :-)

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 224
Im with Jerrone and Casey.

BTW Casey, did you ever get that SX sold?

Username: Nztunez

NelsonNew Zealand

Post Number: 9
Steven...the problem you are having is that there are MANY MANY great subs out there on the market. There isn't just 1 best way to go...it's all a matter of opinions and different viewpoints.

There must be a hundred different car audio forums with everyone giving a different point of view on what would be best.

It's always best to listen to what is available at dealers locally...or better yet listen to some people's systems to see what you like. Of course all the better brands are not available locally so we have to go with what others with more experience say on forums like these.

At some point you have to just pick a sub and go with it...and not have second guessing that there might have been something better..."shoulda...coulda...woulda" type stuff.

I'm in much the same boat as you although I'm looking at a SQ system with decent SPL so I've narrowed it down to the following brands because I've read through a LOT of forums about what others think is the best.

Stereo Integrity
JL
RE
Boston Acoustics
Ascendant Audio
Adire
Soundsplinter
OzAudio
Image Dynamics
Elemental Designs
Alpine
Eclipse
Soundstream
Diamond (more pure SQ)

Now that is a lot of subs but I feel those are the best brands from all that I've read. There are many many more brands and some of them are great as well.

I've also read some great stuff about other brands like:
Mmats
Crystal
Zapco
SEAS
Dynaudio
Rainbow
MB Quart
Digital Designs
Focal
Arc Audio
Phase Evolution
Dayton
a/d/s/
and several others as well.

I can certainly see how eventually you can start feeling lost in an ocean of opinions and specs.

You know what though...I doubt anyone has listened to all of those brands to give an authoritative comparison on them all...and even if they had...that's still just using their own ears which may be nothing like what you like at all. I also KNOW no one has listened to all of those brands in your vehicle to say for sure what would absolutely be the best for your situation :-) ... so in the end no one will be able to say what the very best way to go will be.

People give great advice on these type of forums but you really have to just narrow it down to the top 5-10 picks and bite the bullet and choose one...use a dart or roll dice if you have to but buy one and and install it...and if it sucks then sell it on Ebay or on a forum but I doubt it will suck because as long as you steer clear of the crap lowend brands you are going to do well with what you get IF you install properly...wire it up properly, put it in a proper sized box...etc.

From my point of view...I can basically choose anything from my top list up there randomly and be very happy as long as I put the time into installing it well.

I don't doubt it's much different in your case.

I'd also say to set a deadline for choosing a sub...say one week for research and on that day get it or else you'll be changing your mind and looking forever with inofmation overload on these types of forums.

Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1601
lol
that list doent even have TREO Engineering on there...
we are talkin SQ correcT? on your list....
Treo SSIs!!!

" was thinking about 2 15's in a seal box."

"m loooking for spl that is a lil less or the same as my L5's but way better SQ and accuracy then the L5's so please help if ya can... also if u have any other ideas for subs that would be good as well."

TREO SSI, can hang with ANY SQ sub, and will get emensly WAY LOUDER than your crappy L5!
It will also define SQ for you...

Username: Nztunez

NelsonNew Zealand

Post Number: 10
More highly regarded subs for SPL:

Treo
Mass Destruction
DB Drive
Pierce Audio Products
...and the list goes on

Silver Member
Username: Steven1234

Rahway, NJ

Post Number: 131
well now iv decided to just go with the D6's, but i donno what to go with 2 12's ported or 2 15's sealed... i mean i wish i could just get the 15's and try ported and sealed and see what i like but i dont have that kinda room...for a ported box for the 15's.... casue i think that if i ported the 12's they would get a loud as the 15's possibly... but id get a flater response for a seal box, with out have real big peaks and vallys in the music...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us