What kinda subs should i get?

Username: Talon_es93

Post Number: 4
hey i need some help.. i'm tryin to set up a hard hittin system i want the best in my town but idk what to get between type-x.. audiobahn immortal... L7s... kicker comp VX... W6v2s...thunder 9500s.. or fosgate T2s..them i need to know what amp i would need for 2 12s of w/e i get... keep in mind i'm throwin it in a 93
talon

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 409
First, its always easier if you give us a budjet to work around. Also, do you want a complete system with new speakers and HU, or just subs and amp. And don't even bring up Audiobahn.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2351
what kind of bass are you looking for?

clean, good sounding bass?
Loud, clean bass?
Loud bass that sounds ok?
loud bass that sounds like @$$, but hey,...its loud?

Post Number: 6
i already looked at prices on all those i juss need to make up my mind on what ones i want.. and i ain't worried about the amp juss yet.. its gunna take me a good while to save up for an amp so right now i'm just lookin for 2 12s..and about the bass..i want a loud hard hittin bass..kinda bass that will rattle the freak outta your eyes but u can still hear in china

Post Number: 7
i'm juss really lookin for a hard bass... bass you can feel ..and bass to rattle windows and knock pictures off the walls when u drive by a house

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6299
i don't know how much space is in a talon - have u done any measurements as yet 2 get an idea of what will fit !? .........

Post Number: 8
imma be state up with you i'm 17 and idk anything about spl and sq and all that stuff to me bass is bass...i juss hook it up and if it bumps it bumps if it don't get a bigger amp or something but i like to hard as i can and turn heads every where i go

Post Number: 9
its the same size as a eclipse...or do u not know the size of that either?

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 411
I would do a ported box tuned to around 35 hz.
Of the subs you listed I would get the VX's but there are many other subs out there that might give you more bang for your buck.

Post Number: 10
well the size of that car don't really matter b/c i move my system around alot oen i'll have it in my 91 suburban and another day i'll have it in my 84 regal and another day i'll have it in my 99 silverado then back to my talon

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6301
nope - we don't have those where i'm from

here's an idea google around & u will def see cars like urs with sytems in it & u can get ideas

check sites like
soundomain
cardomain
the12volt ........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
what other subs would u recomend..i can't go up to the big baller stuff like W7s tho

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
well i did see 4 15s in one before but then what kinda 15s would i use....if i go that much and that big maybe i'll juss go with like some kicker comp VR so i won't have to be replace my window every week

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 413
Well i will assume you want to spend around 300 - 400 for 2 12" subs. First, might i suggest you look into getting 1 15" instead of 2 12's. Smaller box overall. Take a look at the Acendant Audio Havoc. It is on pre-order right now so you would need to act quickly. It handles 1500 rms and would kick the $hit out of any pair of the 12's you listed. Its output capability will probally be equivallent to 2 10w7's. It will easily exceed the output of a single 13w7. And its only going for $325 brand new from factory.

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 414
And every last person on this forum will vouch for Acendant Audio (I hope)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
u think my MTX thunder 81000D can push 2 of those or what kinda amp should i look for?

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 415
How many watts RMS does that amp put out and what impendence(ohm) can it run at. Also they only make a 15in version, so if you want 2 you need to fit 2 in your trunk. Also, if you want just one, you will need to give that sub atleast 1200watts or more. And that might require upgrading you electrical system(new alternator, batteries, and eventually maybe a capacitor). 2 of those and you will absolutely need to upgrade your electrical system seeing as you will be drawing at least 250 amps just for your stereo.

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 323
^^never heard a single bad thing, of course i don't have any personal experience with ascenden. You also might want to look into some RE stuff but i'm thinkink an xxx might be outta your pricerange and i would probably go with the havoc over and sx 15.....i would stay away from mtx's and fosgates, haven't really heard anything great about them. Jl stuff is built more towards sq and sounds like you want straight spl (sq=soundquality spl=sound pressure level). Audiobahn subs in general are a big no no. L7s would have good straight spl probably...the havoc would be pretty sweet...keep in mind your gonna need 1000 watts plust to power this stuff and thats more than likely gonna require an electrical system upgrade...so if your switching cars that could get helle expensive...

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 416
http://www.ascendantaudio.com/havoc_page.html
take a look at it. Nuthin pretty( to me it is beautiful) but it will pound.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6302
http://www.shopping.com/xPF-Mtx_Thunder_81000D

it will NOT push a Havoc maybe a 15" 4ohms dvc kicker L7 if u want it just plain loud ......

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 417
Yea, the best you will get out of that amp is 500 rms, b/c the havoc is dual 2 ohm, you can wire it for either 1 ohm or 4 ohm. That amp is not 1 ohm stable and only puts out 500rms at 2 ohms. If you got another 81000d, you could run one amp to each voice coil. give the sub 2000 rms. But that would definitel stress you electrical system.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
500 watts RMS/ch x 1 into 4 ohms <2% THD+N
1000 watts RMS/CH x 1 into 2 ohms <2% THD+N
1500 watts Dynamic power x 1 into 2 ohms(14.4 VDC
RMS power range ratings @ 12.5 VDC, 20 Hz- 200Hz

thats what my amp says i already got 2 caps and a optima (red cap) battery

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
so out of all the speak that i listed the one that will most likely fit me would be the L7s???

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 418
the l7 or the VX, dual 4 ohm. I was suggesting the Havoc if you wanted it to be so loud it would be painful. What about an 18in Kicker comp Vr. That should be loud.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
what amp would be good and a havoc?

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 419
Well you already have an Mtx81000d, get another one of those, and a Havoc. Wire one amp to each voice coil on the sub. Since it is dual 2 ohm you will be giving the sub 2000 watts rms.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
but this amp is 2 channel and it don't say anything about be able to bridge it.... and can i have this one amp wired to a havoc for a lil while b/c i need some bump soon b/c i blew out my type-rs and my immortal and like 5 other audiobahns and don't have no subs left so i need some subs fast... i miss bass

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
wouldn't 4 kicker L7s be better then one havoc?

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 420
the MTX 81000D is a mono subwoofer amplifier, class D. It is not 2 channel unless you incorrectly identified you amp. Yes you can run the havoc off just one of your amps. It will only get 500rms for the time it is running on one but the Havoc is very efficient, has a very high SPL(sensitivity).

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 325
well the size of that car don't really matter b/c i move my system around alot oen i'll have it in my 91 suburban and another day i'll have it in my 84 regal and another day i'll have it in my 99 silverado then back to my talon

This kid is talking out of his @ss... wake up and smell the coffee.

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 421
do you have the room for 4 kicker l7's ? I was suggestting the Havoc for bang for the buck and to save space.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
alright well when do they release the havoc ..i think i am gunna go for one of those but i might use my thunder81000D for my regal or impala or suburban so what one amp would i be able to get for a havoc

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 422
The havoc is on pre-order right now. the first batch will ship in 2 - 3 weeks, but they will be sold out soon. That is why i suggested to act quickly. As for an amp, I am selling my 2 kicker kx600.1's, they both bench at over 700 watts rms. Wire each one to one voice coil on that sub and it would be great. I am selling them for 180 each, shipped.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
but i wanna buy a brand new one and one use one for that sub what one would be good do uk?

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 423
kicker kx1200.1, most generate around 1400-1480 watts rms @ 1 ohm.

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 425
You can get one brand new on ebay for around 375.00 shipped.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
thanks for your help man means alot to me and once i get a system in one of my cars i'll show u a pic of it.... thanks

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 142
r all those your vehicles D'Angelo

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 234
Is it just me or does D'Angelo Guzman need to read this disclaimer from www.bcae1.com ??

The last thing we need is another 17 year old making the world hate car audio.

D'Angelo, do me a favor and go to www.bcae1.com , pick a topic on the right that you want to learn more about, and read the disclaimer about BOOMING RESPONSIBLY!!

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 235
And I'm sorry if I come across too strong, but I saw your comment about knocking pictures off peoples walls when you drive by... that is NOT cool, and people will not think your cool.

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 426
lewass is right. I have four 15" adire tempests and an orion 2500d. Plus heavy electrical upgrades. I can "knock pictures off the wall." But I only turn it up when there is a time and place for it. Otherwise I use common sense. People who drive around with thier systems blaring are the reason we have websites like this......
www.lowertheboom.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
j_dub.. ya those are some of my cars and lewass... to most ppl that might not be cool but i don't really care about what other ppl think of me... i juss like to do things like that b/c thats the way i like my music. there has been ppl that complain about my bass but all they need to do is ask nicely and i'll drive a different way...i can be respectful if ppl ask me to respectfully... and i'm new at this site so i ain't gunna try to disrepect you...ik what u were tryin to tell me and ya i'll do u the favor and read it... but next time if i say something wrong or do something wrong i'm asking you to ask respectfully ain't to much to ask for..

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 236
Cool, np dude
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us