2 JL 500/1's for sale

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1244
hey, i have 2 JL 500/1's for sale. gonna try to sell outside ebay since there won't be any ebay fees. redoing system from top to bottom and don't need these anymore.

one is brand new, had one swaped out for a new one with the HiFi Buys in house warranty, the other is used for almost a year. i paid $549 for one and $499 for the other, plus $59.99 i think for each for the 3 year warranty. its not transferable, but if you get it back to me i'll gladly swap it out for you if you pay shipping costs. i have recipts too.

new one is mint, used one has small white mark on heat sink fin.

they go for $440 - $415 on ebay, but without serial numbers, so that sucks.

i'm looking for $380 shipped for the new one and $315 shipped for the used one. these are heavy btw so shipping isn't cheap and pay pal fees suck.

any questions, please feel free to post or email me at theelfkeeper at charter.net.

ebay sn: theelfkeeper
feedback is 171 and %100 positive for references

i accept pay pal, check (gotta clear) money orders and cash or course (at your own risk though)

*pictures will come soon*
i'll also have a JL 300/2 and set of JL XR653's up for sale as soon as they are replaced.

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1553
i hate those ebay fees, even more i hate paypal fees to the seller!! RRRRRR

good luck on sales.. also get pics..

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2959
how long did you use your xr653 and the jl 300/2?????

i'll wait for those two things.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6287
wow - redoing ur entire system

thats gotta hurt ur bank acct - lol .....

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1245
Chad - the 300/2 was purchased from HiFi Buys as well, with 3 year warranty for $360 total. recipt says 5-03-05, so not quite a year yet.

the XR653's were purchased online for $330 i think, back in October.

not sure on prices for thoes two yet. thoes XR's go for $330 shipped, but there aren't any listed right now. and the 300/2 about $305 shipped. ebay prices. the speakers and 2 channel will be next to get swaped out. prob next week. this problem with the HU from ebay has screwed everything up and put be behind, not to mention pissed me off, lol.

Rovin - not as much as you'd think. i've got all JL Audio equiptment and i already sold the in dash dvd unit and what i'm replaceing it all with is things from smaller companies. none of which costs more then the stuff i have. i like the idea of having stuff no one else around here has.
heres what i'm gonna go with if you are interested.

Pioneer Premier HU DEH-P860MP ($360)
Focal Polyglass 165 EV3's ($500)
4 Crystal CMP 8's ($356+S&H)
ED NINe.1 for subs ($350)
ED NINe.2 for speakers ($215)
rough estimate - $1900 believe it or not, lol

i think it'll be nice.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1246
Pictures:
New 500/1
Upload
New 500/1 Numbers
Upload
Used 500/1
Upload
Used 500/1 Numbers
Upload

they are kinda dusty, been sitting for a few weeks. sorry, thought i dusted them but some still shows in pictures.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1247
More Pictures:
White mark on used 500/1. no idea where it came from.
Upload
Noticed this today, small mark from allen wrench.
Upload
Both together with some other JL stuff, lol
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3265
I miss my subs you got there Brandon :-)

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1250
lol, yeah, too bad i never got to hear them. Charlie was talking to me about getting them.

need to sell to start on new stuff. i'm prob gonna stop by a friend's shop and see what he can get me the P960MP for. if its close to the $360 it goes for online, i'll just get it.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3267
just sent you a email. Might be interested in the used 500/1.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6303
Brandon
Interesting choice of equip there

i own that 860 deck - here my review
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductReview.aspx?ProductID=13803
i know ur after SQ with those 4 8s - if were me i'd do 2 10s IDQ subs . Honestly I never heard it but Jonathan swears SQ is tops & rather than 'step down' from JL quality amps i'd buy some Zapco , MMats or Xtant amps . Focal is a good comp company so thats fine .

Just my .02 cents ... Upload

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3268
Brandon i whould have to agree. 2 IDQ 10's is the way to go if your just looking after superb SQ. Go sealed and they take hardly any space. They need small amount of power also and very efficiant.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1251
well i just got back from my friend's shop, hes got all the 06 pioneer HU models in. i got a catalog and if anyone wants to know anything about them since i haven't seen anything online, just let me know.

i'm getting the 06 Pioneer DEH-P7800MP. all the same features as the Premier DEH-P860MP, but they dropped the "auto EQ mic" deal. i don't want to deal on ebay, had too many problems with HU's in particular on there.

and i looked at zapco and xtant for amps, but zapco amps aren't 1 ohm stable, so i'd have to get more then 1 and xtant doesn't make a 2 channel amp thats got the power i want. i want the amps to match. and mmats, they won't take the 5V+ pre out voltage i'll be giving it, so that sucks and is kinda odd. i've heard many good things about the ED amps.

and the ID subs look good and look good on paper, but i've read several comments about the tensil leads being very easy to touch or hit the cone. also that the cone can hit the basket. i think the crystal CMP 8's will be nice.

nothing set in stone yet though.

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 887
hey brandon ? do you have the prowedge box that mo had for those w6's just wondering

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3275
Nope, I still have it charlie. James Longo is driving down south this week and is suppose to call me up to arrange a pickup off I-95 / Were you looking for this box also ?

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1252
yeah, didn't need it and don't think it would fit in my car, which made shipping easier, so it stayed up there.

MO - Aim is - theelfkeeper

sent you an email, whichever you see first.

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 888
oh ok i thought you had the box also thats okay though looks like ill be building one for them lol mo could you give me the full dimensions on that box they dont list them all on the jl site

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1254
just make it 1.25 cubes sealed (after sub displacement) for each. thats all the prowedge is i think.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny619

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 59
I got a pair of sub and pair of amp like your, haven;t hook it up yet, just sold my w7 and replace it with a pair of 12w6v2, How does it sound with each amp to it?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5955
I sold my 500/1 on ebay, for 275, so i really hope u get ur asking price

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1255
Johnny - talking about running 2 12w6v2's, each with its own 500/1?? if so that should sound great. i never hooked up that setup, although i have it, but i have heart it before.

Chauncey - yeah, JL stuff on ebay doesn't go for that much. people don't understand that thoes stores that they compare the prices to have stuff they really aren't suppose to have. you have no idea where it came from, they remove the numbers and sometimes damage the product and you have no way to get it fixed unless they actually hold up their statements, which they usually don't. which sucks seeing as i paid a lot of money for some great stuff but won't see hardly any of it back.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1267
Bump!

need to sell these great amps!!

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 908
ya mo sorry didnt notice you asked but ya i would be interesred in it but its okay cause it will cost alot to ship it so ill justbuild one already have the materials anyways

somebody buy those amps great deal i would but my moneys already going to his subs lol

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1272
lol, yeah, i need to get the money back fro the guy on ebay to get the HU. then the sub money to get the speakers, sell the amps to get the new ones and sell the speakers and 300/2 to get the subs and then hopefully i'll be done, lol. and if i have enough money after everything, i might see about getting my buddy who runs the shop to glass me a box, lol.

thats kinda complicated....

i'll let both amps go for $635 shipped, thats $60 off. need to get moving on the new stuff!!

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1283
Bump for the night owls!

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1289
They are on ebay now, great stuff from an honest seller. Turning into kinda an odd occurance on ebay, lol. Good luck bidding!!

Numbers:

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5741
Have you gotten rid of the W6v2s? For CMP 8s? Not a step up IMO.

Let me know when you want to sell that 300/2. I need another component amp and I may be able to buy yours by the time you sell it.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1295
hey Jonathan, haven't gotten rid of the 12's yet. Charlie was talking to me about getting them.

don't think i'm gonna go with thoes CMP 8's. looking at the Sound Splinter RL-i 8's. MO was telling me about the IDQ's and said that you really like them. i've just read a lot of comments about the cones not having enough clearance for the baskets and tensil leads. the ID MAX's are as much as the W7's almost, so i'd just go with W7's if i was gonna spend that much. looking for straight SQ, kinda want to stay out of the main stream brands, i also have a car, so subs will be in trunk. Sealed Box.

the next things i'm getting are the HU as soon as it comes out, then ordering speakers as soon as the W6's sale, then changing out amps. so your looking at 2-3 weeks. just let me know.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5962
Honestly i think the cmp's are pretty darn close to the w6v2's in sq, and gets the nod in spl

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5742
"Honestly i think the cmp's are pretty darn close to the w6v2's in sq, and gets the nod in spl"

Yeah, but 2 12" subs will still have more surface area than 4 8s, and they'll get lower. The CMPs are very nice subs, my post wasn't dogging them, just the fact that 4 8s aren't going to compare with two 12s.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1299
Jonathan, what do you suggest for a straight SQ sub setup?? still keeping in mind i'm gonna go sealed, in a trunk, and want to stay away from the mainstream brands like JL, Kicker, Alpine...

haven't really made up my mind with the subs or amps yet. not set on 8's either, just thought that'd be different, lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Hockeyplaya4lif

Post Number: 11
What subs did you have with the amps?

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1316
i had then both on a JL 13W7, one on each coil, perfectly matched. was gonna use with 2 12w6v2's, but have decided to go a different route.

amps were never abused or over driven. when i set the gains according to JL's instructions, i tuned them down about 2 volts to make sure i had plenty of head room not to clip or over drive the amps. i did that with the 300/2 as well. just thought i'd mention that, it came up when talking to MO the other day.

i sent you an email Nick.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3282
Yeah brandons merchandise is as good as new. He takes care of his stuff and his stuff isnt missing any seriel #'s or anything and was bought from authorized sources. I sold him my 2 JL 12w6v2's which were babied by me and purhased at a authorized JL dealer in my area for $879.99 in the prowedge box. Good Luck in selling this stuff Brandon. If i had some more money i whould buy 1 of the 12w6v2's off you. Im still considering so just find me on AIM.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1317
Thanks MO. haven't heard anythinf from Charlie yet. think hes debating on these of kicker cvr's or something like that.

the 500/1 ones are on ebay:
New one has 3 days and 17 hours left and is up to $152.50 with 10 watchers
Used one has 3 days and 17 hours left and is up to $101.00 with 8 watchers.

Buy it now is still avaliable until they get down to 12 hours, then i can't do anythign with them.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1318
Still got 2 JL 12W6v2's for sale.
$300 shipped each.

Still fighting with the idiots from Pay Pal too...

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1339
http://www.carsound.com/review_archive/amps/jl_5001.html

500/1 review, i found it!

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1346
2 days left, getting quite a bit of attention, run them up!! lol

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1356
1 day and 16 hours!!

I think i'm gonna go with Arc Audio for my new set up. what do you think??

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1372
less then 10 hours left!!

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1373
I Still have 2 JL 12W6v2's up for sale if anyone is interested, they need to go!!

also, the JL XR's will be replaced soon and prob up for sale next week!! prob gonna order the new speakers tonight after the amps end.

Thanks!

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1380
Sold!

Used went for - $326.95
New went for - $344.95

not too bad.

Gonna have 2 12W6v2's on there soon.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3332
Brandon you got a great deal on those amps. I sold my used one for $305 shipped.

Bronze Member
Username: Palanza

Post Number: 75
Brandon, what you want for the 300/2?

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1401
well, i just spend more then i had planned on the speakers (Rainbow Profi Vanadium Kicks :-) )so i'm not totally sure when i'll be selling it.

prob sell for around $200-$250, idk yet.

Jonathan asked about it first though, but just bought an Arc amp, so idk if he'd still want it. gotta go in order.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us