W6s compared to W3v2s

Anonymous

i remember back a few years ago my brother had 3 15 inch W6s with a 1000W soundstream amp and it sounded amazing. how do the 15 inch w3v2s compare. and would it be okay to buy w6s used? im guessing not because they are pretty old. also i was wondering about an amp i have a jl e series 800 watt amp. how is this amp as a SQ amp? how does it compare to the 1000/1 and other amps?

Anonymous

i know you guys prob. dont feel like answering my question because people ask them like these all the time, but any advice would be really helpful.

Thanx and sorry for the inconvience

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6264
Some mornings there r hardly anybody on here & sometimes u gotta wait 4 the right person 2 answer

Also some ppl here refuse 2 answer ?s by anons .......

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 749
hey rov...head over here https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/video-games/75643.html i need some help with somtn

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1039
dam nester... you had to do some searchin for that huh LOL

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5710
The 15W3v2s are about the same as the old W6s were if not slightly better. Motor design is newer.

The W6v2s on the other hand, are a good bit better than the W3v2.

e series amps are good for the money.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 322
Question John i'm also looking at the old w6. I plan on running 3 15w6 would i be better running 3 15w3v2s?

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 670
wiring the 15 w6's would be easier and if the w6's are in good shape and almost new than you should run those. i'm running 3 of the 12w3v2 and the wiring comes out to be 2.67 ohms it would be easier for you to wire the old w6's to a 1 ohm load in a way thats the idea behind them they want people to run them in sets of 3. if you went w/ 15w3v2 you need a larger amplifier b/c you need at least 1500 watts at 2.67 ohms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us