How do i break in my new sub?

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 107
Im finally gonna get my type r! Hopefully order it by friday. PPl say you have to break in ur subs first. How do i break in my type r? How loud must i play it and for how long? Ill be ran by a 560 rms PA amp for now. Thanx for all the help.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2287
hook it up free air and play it at moderate volume levels for an hour or so. then put it in a box and play it at moderate levels for like 15-20 hours. can be done all free air or all in box. some dont even believe in breaking in a sub.....

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 108
Thanx alot man! Im so glad i found this site.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 390
just play it at moderate levels for a week or so. Most subs don't really need a break in period, they just don't need to be pushed to the limits the first day. Some of the stiffer suspension subs could do with a slight break in to improve on the response but for the most part you don't want to take a new sub out of the box and make it hit its mechanical limits.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1313
this kinda goes with this question, but is it bad to tune the amp(set the gain,lpf,etc) with brand new subs that never had power to them before.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 352
No of course not just lay off the full volume for a week or so then gradually get the coils warm. What amp you gonna use? Polo.

Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 10
I've had to replace my Type R, * I'm with Kicker now * BUT ANYWAY!... It's takes about 2 weeks to broke them in! But like he said " Just don't push them to there limits on the first day " ...

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 117
lol im sure i cant w/my ghetto azz PA amp but it will due for now till i get a job. It will probably still sound pretty good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us