Newb STORIES.....lol

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 440
Ok well this was kinda started under the "craphammer" and I liked how it was sounding so I thought I'd make it into a thread!

fried of mine tole me that he had a kid telling him that his 2 12" Type e's will be as loud or if not louder than his 15" L7

I was told my old system was crap...heard this kids 2 12" $50 Pioneer subs (very basic) and then blew him away with my 2 12" Type R's

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1888
i showed a kid my 15'' sx and he thought that his 2 12'' pioneers in a bandpass box with the holes duck taped up would be louder

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1011
GOT YOU ALL BEAT get this

i just got my old system. 2 12" sony x-poles with a 600 watt amp... and i showed my friend them, and he was like OMG DUDE WHOLY SH!T DUDE THAT HAD TO COST LIKE ALMOST 2K HUH!!!!!!

i was like um... no... sony sucks

he was like DUDE ARE YOU CRAZY SONY IS THE BEST THING OUT THERE MAN.

i asked if he wanted to buy them for 1.5k he said he'd think about it but then said no because he couldn't come up with that much cash... i.e. hes a stoner lol

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 708
make him a deal and sell for a 1/4" with cheese ;)

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 709
i meant a 1/4 lb.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 385
ONe of my co-workers friend knew I was into car audio and asked me what kinda subs I had. I told him Stereo Integrity. He never heard of it and thought it was some off brand. I told him it was one of the loudest 12s i've heard. He must have thought I was a newb or something and He said his one SPL 15 could beat me. So i went to his ghetto car and listened to a CD. First he only had tweets up front, very very harsh on my ears. Then we listened to a bass CD. Nothing special didn't hurt my ears and didn't give that good ole punch in the gut feel. Took him to my car, played some CD of his and i set off his alarm....beeotch!

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 580
hahaha he musta felt wicked cool after that lol

Bronze Member
Username: Rmzracer

Bentonville, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 73
tell dude man you give him the speakers for a HP not QP qp will only get you like 400 bucks. But yeah i dont have any stories about kids tryin to own up to me becasue they know they can't but when i had my old truck with no room I had two kickers in little boxes that sounded sooo shitty. Its kinda funny to look back.

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 303
I love going to the pawn shop and talking to the guy there, he trys to sell explodes for like 100 bux apiece, he also told me a mtx 9500 has 5" of excursion and is the best subwoofer you can get, still can't beat teh two 12 xplods he has sitting there that are in boxes that can't have more that .25 ft^3 airspace with dirver displacement....

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2342
lots of shops will screw you over if you dont know any better.

a friend of mine paid $650 for 1 compVR 10", kx150.2, 1.25cuft ported box, cheap as$ 8ga wiring kit and any install. (i asked him why he didnt come to me first)

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 217
a kid at my school paid over 1000.00 for Best Buy to install his 2 10 inch Type E's and idk what amp but MAN sucks 2 be him

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 305
Yah a friend of mine dropped 800 for two 10 or 12 w3's (not sure, never seen em someone told me...) and amp and install, i thought that was high but i guess if its all jl stuff and he got a good install becuase i know this shop does good stuff since i know most the employees, just seems like you could do so much more with 800 dollars though....

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1169
Last winter my Dad and I went to Best Buy. All we wanted to buy was some Monstor Cable for my speakers and this guy was trying to sell us all of these other components and I kept telling him all I need is this I'm fine for now. He then tells me that when I hook up my speakers at home to cut the speaker cable the same length or that the sound will be all messed up due to different lengths. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the signals sent through that cable travel at the speed of light or damn close to it. Long story short I made him feel like a complete dumbass and what was funnier was how he kept walking himself into the next of many ownings. One comment he made was that Bose was the greatest company ever and no one could top them in anything and that he learned the whole cable thing from them. And i'm thinknig to myself either this guy is an idiot, Bose has sunk way lower than I thought they ever would, or both.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 607
the other day my sister called me up saying that her boyfriends buddys system was loud an about how the guy said his sh*t was all this an all that an my sisters boyfriend told him that my system was probably louder an he wouldnt believe it so she told me to come over an see so i drove over there an as i drove up i had my stereo turned to 35 an i guess it scared the guy because he wouldnt turn his stuff on after hearing me drive up but i looked at what he had an it was 2 12 inch Audiobahn 400rms subs in a prefab busted up box an a pyramid amp so i just laughed went next door to were my sister lives an bought some Bars an went home

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1306
wow this thread was meant for the people around here, their so stupid, they think audiobahn subs and sony amps are the best thing ever, i don't even bother trying to explain anything to them cause they never listen, the only one that acutally knows somthing about car audio is my friend with the shocker subs.

RIPPED OFF NEWB
Unregistered guest
HELLO THERE.

IM A NEWB AND I JUST GOT RIPPED THE FU.CK OFF!

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 608
an that story is only tha latest one because i dont know how many guys have tried to take me on with there cheap junk that sounds like crap an also doesnt get as loud as they seem to think

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1308
hey cadillac, what subs do you have?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2940
i paid $900 for a pair of audiobahn 1208t and a kicker kx1200.1. the fucked up thing is those subs are dual 2ohm and the amp is 1ohm stable. also the rms on those subs were 1500rms (so it said on the box). they could have told me one sub is good for that amp but they wanted to sell me two and like an idiot i bought it.

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1899
atleast you started off with a good amp

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 441
Yeah I bought a Sony Xplod for my 1st amp as
"check out the high out put on it" basically sold it's self...lol. It pushed my 2 12" Type R's to hit 139.6 db in my 1st comp...I came in 5th street B legal mic position on front passenger window.

No WAIT that was my 2nd amp...1st amp was a 600 watt Rockford a/b and that thing overheated like mad...could have cooked eggs on that bad boy

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 609
Dustin... the car i drove over there has 2 15 inch L7's an two T10001Bd RF amp (one amp to each sub) with a 180amp Ho alt an Two Yellow Tops (one under the hood one in the trunk) it was my Old Cadillac fleetwood i would have drove my Seville but it was down at the time because i had some problems after installing the 300amp HO alt i bought for it

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 611
i know its not the greatest Equipment in the world especially by the standards of some guys at this forum but it will put most newbies to shame especially when they are running at the mouth about there stuff that only cost them maybe as much as one of my amps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us