THE CRAPHAMER!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1006
ok in class today these kids were talkin about getting a 15" type-X and like one of them was like dude, just get a JackHamer, and i was like dude those things suck as$. and they were like YEA RIGHT DUDE!!! have you seen how big that thing is?!?!?! i was like yea... just kuz its big doesn't mean it sounds good, they tryed tellin me that that POS is actually good. they wouldn't listen to me because im younger than them but they think they know everything. but then again.. they think a type-r is one of the best subs out.. its a good sub, i don't like them, but they are good, but NOT one of the best. am i right??

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1885
today i tryed selling this kid my memphis pr's for $60 a piece and he goes wow ur an idiot im getting 2 1200 watt xplods for $25 and they are loud because they have dual voice coils

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 437
lol

best I heard was what my friend told me

"My 2 12" type E subs will be just as loud and sound better than your 15" L7"

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1038
ive had kids try to convice me that you have to match the watts of your subs to the watts of your headunit.....so whebn i got a new head unit they asked how much power...i said 50 by 4.. and they said wow your dumb now you can only get 50 watt subs

i tried to convicne them that its the volts and not the watts, but they wouldnt believe it.

ive had a convo with a kid about subs...i asked him how many watts he was looking for,..his repsonse i want like 10-12 watts i want this syustem louuuuuuuddd"

many more but i dont remember

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6253
What about ppl who go 2 a car audio place & buys a "3000 watt" sub & buys a "3000 watt" amp 2 match - saw that happening here

Guy looking @ a premier sub & BOSS D3 Ripper amp .....

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1887
today i saw a single cab truck with 2 6.5 speakers in a box in the back with no bedcover or anything and the wires were running through the window to the back of the truck

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1039
i just think the worst thing is, when someone who really does not know what they are saying, tries to convice you that a product is "the best" and there is noooo telling them any different

haha so many arguments about car audio come up at my school

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 216
I had this kid tell me that he was getting an xplod, so i told him how they sucked and he was like not if I get a fiberglass front. Then he went on how it cancels out the mids and highs and gives you the lows and will beat anything out there...

Silver Member
Username: Madeupname

Post Number: 179
hahaha the best is someone who buys a type x and a jl 1000/1 and then just cuts a hole in there trunk floor and set the sub in to free air. so enclosure whatsoever

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1009
yea dude, its so rediculous.... people think they knwo everything... when the only thing they know is eighter the "max wattage" or the size or the "rep" i.e. sony.... because of their other porducts

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 868
i once had a kid at work who had 2 12"w0's and then he was like im gonna get 1 w7 and wire it to a sony amp i was trying to explain to him how if he gets it there are few amps he can get and he just kept on going on about it doesnt matter as long as it matches the rms

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 706
This chick that works at stage told me how she keeps winning sound compitions in OKC with her 10" and 15" legacy woofers. (running both at once) "Loudest thing EVER"

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 215
My friend told me how the best sub's out there were the Audiobahn 34" and the Jackhammer.

A guy cut holes in his camaro and put 2 12"s in the holes.

I went to the local pawn shop with some friends yesterday and they were about to buy a Legacy amp but fortunatly I talked them out of it.

This local car/audio shop tried to sell me there 600 watt Planet Audio amp for $399.99.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 335
Ok an old buddy I haven't talked to in a while e-mailed me saying he got back into car audio. he sent me this after I told him that I have two RE sx15s powered by two Kicker sx1250.1's.

Well lets see,
In my Mercedes I have a
Alpine 1000w mono amp
electronic crossover
2mf capactor
Sub is a sealed 15" Audiobahn dual voice coil running in parallel
I have built 5 sealed sub boxes trying to get the sound I am looking for.
I think I am happy with the one that is in my car you have to hear and see
what you think.

Is it me or is there something a miss here, lol. Polo.

Silver Member
Username: Dpaw20

FL USA

Post Number: 308
yeah but me being me, i dont argue with the idiots i just get pissed off that people could be so stupid and threaten to hurt them and their family if they dont listen and learn (hipocrital i know but fu*ck it i dont care)

and the easiest way to avoied an argument is when they ask you how much watts just tell them like 3000 or something so theyll shut up.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 387
planet audio isn't too bad actually....but

I offered a guy my old Mag for 200$ and he said no he'd spend 200$ on some SPL 12s that are new instead.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1397
My friend once tried telling me his 6x9 Sony Xplods "hit harder" than my 2 12" Volfenhags. Volfs or not, no 6x9 plays louder than a subwoofer.

My other friend tried telling me his stock "whizzer" speakers have better bass/mid/treble response than my Volfenhag 5x7's. Yet again, Volfs, but still, most aftermarkets at least have greater powerhandling and sound quality than some stock "whizzer" speakers.

Then another friend tried telling me the other day that if I port my Assassins, all of the sound quality will be lost...(That was hard not to laugh at since he has a pair of MTX RoadThunder subs).

Another kid tried telling me that his friend has a $1200 system with flat panel screen HU and aftermarket speakers, that make his eyes water, and made another guy's car parked next to his car, windows vibrate a lot. This is without subs as well. And that the HU and speakers alone blew his alternator...

I get a lot of garbage like this at school, it's very funny.

Another friend of mine has 5.25" and 4" Infinity Refernce co-axial speakers, and some cheap Aiwa HU. Well, one day he played some Chevelle (Comfortable Liar) with the bass maxed on the HU. He turned it up not EVEN near halfway, and the speakers are making all types of distortion at this point. Later that night I tried telling him that by setting the bass to max, you increased the bass frequencies by 8dB according to the HU readout. He said that he enjoys the depth and sound when the bass in maxed on the HU. (I enjoy watching his tiny .25" voice coils go *sizzle sizzle* because he's retarded.

Oh what else do I have...

The kid who knows the kid with the $1200 system told me that it's not possible to successfully run one of those "mini" fridges in a car? Did you know that? He said your car would die. You can't convert the power, and your alternator (no matter what size) couldn't run it.

The kid I know who has the Kicker CVR's tried telling me Cerwin Vega was an "off" or "generic" brand of car audio, and that they're probably garbage. He also tried saying JL Audio isn't that good at all compared to Kicker...

Yea, that kid said his Sony shelf system he bought at Circuit City plays a lot louder than my Cerwin Vega V-12F's as well. Telling me his system does around 700W, and since mine only does 125W X 2 to each CV speaker, that mine can't be louder.

Ok, I'm done. You'll probably not believe one person gets into this many arguments, but yea, I do. Most of them just end in them mocking me like "Blah blah blah voice coils, blah blah blah efficiency, blah blah blah frequency response."

Of course, they're my friends, and even though most of them know nothing about car audio, I can't hate them for that. Or even audio in general...

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1398
Polo, I see the problem (I think). Your friend drives a Mercedes, and he's got a budget system. Like, more budget than me.

Not to mention, what good is a 2 MICROFARAD capacitor LMAO! That's what got me the most...

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 337
Of course, they're my friends, and even though most of them know nothing about car audio, I can't hate them for that. Or even audio in general...

That is how I became the stronger friend, I got tired of hearing my friends talking sh!t so I beat there @ss, maybe you should too?!!! LOL. :-O

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1401
Physically, or SPL/SQ-wise? Once I get my ported enclosure built, I don't think it'll be a problem. Although, I don't this physically beating my friends up would be a problem either lol.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1402
I don't THINK*

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 579
"Blah blah blah voice coils, blah blah blah efficiency, blah blah blah frequency response."

hahahah evertime I try to talk to my friends about subs and stuff and I go into a little detail (like ohms) lol they say the same thing hahaha

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1411
It's so rediculously true. Next time, say IMPEDANCE lmao. They might explode...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us