Amp couldnt have done this to the sub, could it?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2281
okay for all you guys who have been on here for a while know that i have an avalanche that was "malfunctioning" and i declared it as probably blown. however ive never seen any burn marks when i look at the coils and when i hook up my DMM to it wired in series it read 4 ohm. so it probably isnt blown then right? well idk what could be wrong... but i just want to insure that the amp couldnt have done this so i dont hurt my Mags when they come in. as long as i set my gains correctly theres no way the amp could cause the sub to bottom out and stuff real easily right? oh and theres no spyder damage either. i really hope its not blown so that it can be covered by warranty :-) but most importantly i dont want my mags being abused. i know how to set the gains and such. so thats no worry. just wondering if any1 knows of another way for thsi to happen at the amplifiers fault. thanks guys!

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Trinidad & Tobago West...

Post Number: 349
Did you try hooking up the avalanche to another amp?
If theres no visible damage then its probably not blown.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2927
what exactly happened with your avalanche?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2284
come to think of it. i did have it wired to my brothers 10001bd wired to 4 ohms and it definetly wasnt as loud as it should have been, but that was after it started acting up. the sub IS damaged. i know that for sure. but i dont know what exactly caused it.

chad- i just used it lol. it was great at first... but then one day i noticed the output was lower and it started to bottom out. i cant find whats wrong though. but its hitting like 130 (estimate) right now and it was like 140(estimate) at first... and now when i play songs like "this is how we do" by 50 cent, it bottoms out really bad with 1000w rms.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2285
btw... with music not even 130... its wayyyy quiet for an avalanche.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us