Last battery question!!!! EXPERTS needed

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 434
Ok Yellow tops are $189.99 here in Canada; however, my dad found this model as my town doesnt carry any(I am abour 2 hours away from him)and I have no clue what model it is.

Does it matter at all? or will my 94 Saturn 1.9L be able to fit every yellow top battery?

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 435
also what Type Post/Terminal would I need? Dual SAE & GM or SAE Post??

I have no clue what posts I need...

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 436
Also whats the difference between marine cranking amps? 950 MCA (marine cranking amps); GR34DC-48
as the best yellow top has only 870.

(1 year warranty)
OPTIMA
Reserve Capacity 120
Capacity (C/20 Rate) 55

(1 year free replacement, 2 year jumps and what not)
Motomaster Natulis deepcycle
Provides up to 750 mca and 205 minutes of reserve capacity
Amp Hour Capacity: 103

From what I've read the 2nd battery sounds wayy better and is about $80 less...

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1550
Saturn is GM... so look for GM style terminals. They may be at the side of your battery or the top of the battery... the side terminals maybe 1 long(positive) 1 short(neg) or maybe 2 long, u got to look at the wiring it self.... the side terminals are a little harder to change.

the car should be able to fit almost any batt, there should be somewhere to adjust the batter clamp which holds it down... sit the batt as flat as possible, then clamp it down, or bunggie cord..

yellow only has 870cranking because its not a high cranking amp batter, its a deep cycle batter, so crankin amps dont matter.. reserve matters, capcacity matters..

the 2nd battery does sound better... but still it depends on how the battery actually performs and how fast it discharges.

optimas are not the best batteries, but are some serious players... I would pick the other batt by specs though... but optima is more reliable I should say...

also its a battery thats beating the marines and car batteries... its a telecomunications battery... the northstar NSB 90 + NSB125

now those are some killer batteries...

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 442
Yeah well I found a better battery!

900ca 1200cca and a 160 reserve...so I think I am going to go for that one and its about $170 Canadian.

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 443
*Opps* plus it has a 5 year free replacment warranty!!

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 805
is it deep cycle Mike?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us