2 10's and 2 15's in the same car

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 339
Hey i wuz thinking about getting 2 8's to put in the front of my car to bring the bass up front...but i remebered that a friend has 2 10" Infinity Kappa Perfects that he wanted to sell me for the longest.....50$ yes 50$ for both of them But ones tinsel leads melted off the other works fine...anyway i wanted to know if i can put those 2 10's up front and still use my 2 MB quart PWE 354's out back...I have no amp yet (Jl 300.4 need s to be fixed) so will the sound be off...and can i use it as part of the front speaker just use a crossover instead of a sub channell or whut.....but it gonna be hard to get 2 10's in the front lol...

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 213
id stick with all the same sized sub no matter where in the car. if you have 2 10s in front it could sound like crap with the bass from the 12s in back if you know what i mean? just my opinion

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6242
i've seen 2 10s , 2 15s set ups ,mostly SPL comps fellars do it but they put the 10s in the rear 2 play mids freqs only .

U could prolly try it 4 mids but that would be kinda cumbersome trying 2 fit a 10 in a front door - seen ppl do 8" Eminence in their front door ....

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 380
trying gettinga better set of woofers up front first. If you do get another size sub you need a processing unit that will be able to crossover the frequencies at different spots so you don't have cancellation.

Silver Member

Post Number: 341
well yeah thats whut i wanted to do was use the subs as midbass....But the only reason im going with 10's is because it cheap 50bucks for 2 infinity's. Oh as for putting then in the door...thats not my plan...i actually have to look at them to see where i can put them either get a console made for them or either in the floor by my feet(dont like that though...one reason is....is when it rains hard my car leaks and just dont want water to get anywhere near my equipment regardless if its in an enclousure)
But alteraudio where can i get a cheap processor at.....but wait eventually i wanted a computer in my car is there any software that can do that...(i dont think so but just asking) but i do need some midbass because it doesnt feel or sound good enough like its mising parts of my songs like bass sweeps, high bass tones an whut not

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 500
if your going to get a console custom made for subs up front thats going to cost alot of money and i wouldnt waste it with 50$ subs

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
well having a console made for a car that doesnt have one.... and i want one to put my 7" flip monitor my H/U and i was going to put my componets in there....plus the means to do it it right behind my house....a carpenter(whos last name is carpenter lol no JOKE) is going to build me a box for my 2 15's and build me some false walls for free...all he wants me to do is buy the materials.....so im pretty sure i can get him to build me a console but space is going to be hard to come by here is whut it looks like now

dont laugh at my junk,hanging wire's or my sony speaker(well u can laugh at that....Better than no front speaker lol)

DSC01166.JPG
DSC01167.JPG
DSC01167.JPG

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1004
sony is so cute.... i remember when i had them.... they were so cute... kinda like that... but i think 4 inches bigger... sitll pretty cute lol

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 897
cute, lol......I had a set of 5.25 sonys in my gf's car and they were junk. The blew, sent them away, but when they came back, they didn't sound no better. The stock speakers sounded SOOOOO much better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
well i dont have any speakers up fron at all besides those with out it i would just have a rearstage witch sounds G@Y 1 day i will have a nice component set to go along with those 10's if i can getem to fit upfront (LOL) picking em up 2morrow 50 bucks with a box,wires for 2 kappa perfects whuta deal they will prolly die but i cant complain but anybody else gota idea of whut to do to get em 2 work

Silver Member

Post Number: 346
Guess whut guys i bought those infinity kappa perfects 10's and it wus worth whut i paid for them.......10$..........Yes 10$ i cant even get the things to work..........LOL.....The first sub's cone came completely off the surround.....and the tensel leads did burn on on them.....Other then that, thats all thats wrong with them i hope......Hey can i get Infinty to fix it.........I got alpine to refurb my H/U that didnt work at all....So i hope i can get em to work i will show some pics 2morow lol......But one of them i looks horrible.........Hey with 2 of these hooked up made a 2ohm amp so therefore 1 should be run @ 1 or 4ohm right......So that means +,+ and -,- to make a 1ohm load......Man this guy was running 1300 rms (that large infinty amp) they are 400rms a piece (guess he was looking at peak watts, 1600) any way the box didnt have a wall seperating the 2 subs so could that have caused damage please help me guys and dont laugh at me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us