Decware deathbox?

Username: Afyouthbrigade

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
Has anyone heard of decware before?

Apparently their genius for subwoofers lay in cabinet design, and supposedly their 10" "deathbox" can outperform a standard 2x12 cab.

$300 just for the box -- that's a bit pricey, but it isn't a regular box by any means, check it out
http://www.decware.com/dbk10.htm

some guy using a 1200watt rms amp ran 4 of the 10" deathboxes and said he hit 151.8dB. holy crap.

anyways, i'm so turned off from standard car audio. i don't want to be too loud, or spend too much money, or have a system that takes up too much space. just something that sounds nice and can thump REAL low -- that's why i was thinking of going with a single 15". However I am reminded of the deathbox time and time again, and really want to see how well it performs.

thanks,
jonathan.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2337
its just a bandpass box w/ a sliding insert.

as for the guy that did 151.8dB here is a quote:

quote:

I hit 151.8 db with the microphone between the seats, 6 inches from the nearest ports and about a foot and a half from the other two ports.

in other words...he had the mic (prolly an old AC mic, they read 3-6dB higher than the TL) very close to the port. He pretty much metered that port-wars style.

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 214
marshall is the difference between a old ac mic with a TL really 3-6dbs?

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 215
bump

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2339
yep...sometimes even more.

i was doing 135.6 w/ a brahma 10" on the TL outlaw 2 years ago...you are usually 2-3db louder outlaw than you are on the dash. then i went to a non-sactioned local comp and did 138.6dB on an old AC 180. So that AC mic was reading 5-6db higher than the TL. (all old AC's do this)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us