Is the Alpine type R a good SQL sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 95
DO u think the type r is a good sql sub? Is it more of a sq sub of a spl sub? Does it sound better sq and spl than a JL Audio w3? Thanx 4 every1z input.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 967
it will get louder than a w3 sq wise.. i think the jl has got the type r beat

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 968
shoulda used grammar there lol just read it again.. it will get louder than a w3. sq wise, i think the jl has got the type r beat

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 103
lol kool thx.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 104
crack kills, lol

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5946
Honestly to answer the question, if the r was more of a spl or sq sub, i would have 2 go with a good try at an sq sub...Although it does get loud, the specs make it almost impossible to call it an spl sub..

Thats why we have sql.lol

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 106
so u think its a pretty good sql sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Mrbockbagok

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 17
i would have to disagree i have one type R 12' dvc 2 Ohm hooked up to a 500.1 jl at 4 OHM. and that thing pounds, and sounds great. i guess it is more of a SQ sub but the bass is still great, and i have it in a 1.75 custom sealed box, with an alpine head unit. i have herd a jl 3v2 in fact i was either going to buy that or the type R. they are both good subs but i found it for cheaper than the 3v2, so thats what i went with

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6240
speaking on behalf on the R - i would call it a SQL loud , BUT BUY 2 OF EM 4 a really good bumping system --lol.......

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5367
This is complete personal prefference but to me I would take the w3 over the R in this situation. I don't want to get into a holy war claiming that JL is the all master of subs but in this example I feel the w3 is a better built sub. I preffer alpine for their ccd players and proccessors thats it.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5949
"i would have to disagree"

U said the same thing i said.lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us