Please help did i mess up my sub?!

Bronze Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 92
The other day i wanted to put my dual 4 ohm voice coil sub to my amp at a 4ohm load by just hooking up 1 voice coil. I had it in a 2 ohm load by connecting both voice coils together(positive & positive & neg & neg)but when i wanted to switch back to 2ohm i accidently put 1 wire to the neg on 1 of the coils to the pos of the other coil and the same with the other wire! Can anybody tell me if i messed my sub up? My friend has it so i cant tell. Thanx 4 all the help ppl.

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 294
ok... you did what? to your wires when you hooked em back up? you put your neg to pos?

Bronze Member

NM

Post Number: 93
ok each coil has pos & neg right. To wire it 4 a 2 ohm load (parellel) if its dual 4 ohm you must connect both positives of the coils together and both of the negatives of the coils together and run it to the amp. I accidentally put the coils together by putting one of the coils positive with the other coils negative and the other wire with the pos to neg the same way then ran it to the amp do u understand my ? sorry if its hard to understand me. If u do do u think i screwed by sub up? thanx.

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 296
Upload

ok your saying you did this...

in my opinion a picture is way easier to explain...

i would say that i would not worry nothing about.
it. all that should do is confuse the sub... ittle try to push and pull at the same time cause it's backwards... so unless you ran around driving like that and having it that way for a while it should be fine... all you technicly did was wire one coil backwards

Bronze Member

NM

Post Number: 94
Thx, ya that is wut i did and i was drivin around like that listening with it like that but didnt notice till later when it wasnt sounding right to me so u dont think i did any damage? Thank you very much ill get it back and check it out.

By the way do you or does ne1 know how to tune a vented box. Like how would you make a vented enclosure and tune it to 32hz with it being 2.15 cuft? Thanx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us