Off topic Acural Legend Vs. Honda Accord

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 292
ok i am getting my plans out for a new car here in the next 6 months... i have a thing for the early 90's vehicles... but i dont know which i want.. this is the best i could narrow it down to

Honda Accord Ex 94'
Acura Legend L 94'

which one is more reliable... the Acura has awesome luxury compared to the luxury of an Accord EX.. which is accords top of the line...

but how about reliability... i know hindas if properly maintained and driven can run as much as 400,000 miles on the same engine and same Transmission... but how bout the acura?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2910
get the legend. its a much better car. as far as reliability of a honda, well acura and honda are same company.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5361
the legend is kind of like a lexus compared to a toyota or a cadilac to a chevy. leather fully loaded with the legend. I would go with that over the accord all day long. and like Chad said they are the same company.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2911
"I would go with that over the accord all day long."

james give the accord a break. its still a decent car. besides mine came fully loaded with leather interior and seat warmers too. i just didn't get the one with the voice command navigation system cause i was going to get a system.:-):-):-):-):-)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5696
Any car properly maintained and driven can go 400,000 miles. Reliability of vehicles between manufacturers is so close to one another that it isn't worth measuring.

That said, personally I haven't met a lot of people that "want" a Honda Accord. More like people that feel obligated to get them if they want a reliable car, but that isn't nor ever was the case. Just get what you like most.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 378
if its the Legend 2dr c with type II engine an optional body kit, thats my favorite car, get it. if it has Acura badge and days legend get it. early 90 acccords are only decent and i like the v6 in the legend.

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 293
well i have a 1990 honda accord now but it has too much rust to repair.. i have to get new panels all around.... i like the car and all but i started looking at hondas online and than saw accura's and was like.. these are pretty nice.. a couple of better features and it's a close call....

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5364
Hey Chad I am not saying the accord doesnt come loaded because it does (if you want it that way) but the legend came with upgraded leather, leather wrapped wheel, nicer dash, like I sait it would be the same as toyota and lexus, chevy and caddilac. No matter how loaded you get a Tahoe it is still never as nice as a escolade ya know what I'm saying? I like what Jonathan said he is right on the money.

"Any car properly maintained and driven can go 400,000 miles. Reliability of vehicles between manufacturers is so close to one another that it isn't worth measuring."

although the reliability of transmissions have been a few companies faults in the past. Engine's are completely different.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1533
ummm
my friend girl 2003 accord v6 has the accura engine in it... same thing, allways have been same.. like James L, Johnathon, Chad stated...

Acura is just a better build, for a higher market.. (marketing)... I would pick a Accura over a Accord anyday. I must say.. Espically if they are the same years, it should be a no-branier...

I think the premium engines are the Accura engines..

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5365
yup the engine and drive trane are going to be identical(most cases) but it's in the interior where you are going to notice the difference. Wood grain trim, leather wheel,adjustable pedal's, carbon fiber dash, the bell's and whistle's thats all. Is it worth the extra $10-15G's some think so some don't. I personally love riding in style but thats me:-)

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 498
What someone said earlier, any car well maintained can last a really long time. I inherited an 89`isuzu trooper when i turned 16 that had 395k miles on it and i put it up over 400k miles until i was rear ended and it was totalled :-(. I believe the tranny was rebuilt tho.

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 221
Heh, what you guys don't realize, is that an Acura Legend will be very very high mileage, small selection to choose from, and overall will have many more problematic issues in ownership than the Accord.

You are thinking (they are the same company, so it should be the same! plus, the acura is a nicer model!) But this isn't necessarily how it will be.

The Acura isn't produced in nearly the volume of the Accord, which means scarcer replacement parts, more specialty parts... etc...

If you want hassle free worry free ownership the clear choice (and you'll have about 17 billion to choose from) would be the Accord.

<b>Plus, this is not a good comparison. You can get a newer Accord for the price of an older Legend. You should be considering 94 Legend vs a 96+ Accord...

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 382
The Acura legend coupe V6 is essentially what became the Honda Accord V6 coupe in 98 or so when they changed body styles. The Type II engine is the engine they used in the Acura TL3.2, C23A5 and A6. I'd take the Legend anyday...i've seen some nice sleeper ones and they're PRETTY!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5948
legend
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us