Ported fiberglass

Silver Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 132
Has anyone ever built or heard a ported fiberglass enclosure? I want to fiberglass my next install, but I don't want a sealed enclosure. If I could figure out the displacement is it possible to tune it right?

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
bump

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2275
im doing one right now. as long as you can find the volume then you can tune the port.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 327
I was thinking the same thing, will glass stick to sheet metal well enough to just glass it the deck lid, backseat support and around strut towers to form the enclosure? I will port the rear deck lid with Aeroports and place the subs behind the seat using a couple custom hinges so the back seat folds down. Polo.

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
Yeah I thought about doing that for a while polo. I'm not sure, your best bet would be to talk to someone who does body work. It'd probably be tough to do though with out some kind of insulation between the fiberglass and the metal, because if it was loose anywhere, it would buzz and rattle like crazy. Trevor, how'd you figure out the volume? I've heard of people filling them with water to find out.....I was thinking something solid like packing peanuts so you could at least check it right after you wrap the box with fleece.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2280
yup, i used shipping peanuts. works out pretty well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
Cool. post pics and let me know how it sounds when you're done.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
Cool. post pics and let me know how it sounds when you're done.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 705
maybe you could make the port out of wood and insert it into the fiberglass box?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2283
thats what i did. and theres some pics under a thread called work on my friends benzo or something. search benzo and you'll find it. although i dont believe those pictures have the port in... i'll have to upload those pics soon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us