Deep cycle | VS | Starter ????

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 429
Ok this is the most read place on here and I need a quick response!

I will be runnging a Helix Dark Blue 1000.2 (2000rms) and I was told to check out the Optima Yellow top; however, I was ALSO told to get a starter Optima red top as it might "suit" my needs better...the amp has 120a of current draw MAX.
I also plan to competed in Db drag situations.

I would just like to know what everyone thinks and what would be bset for me to go with.

thanks alot!!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11342
redtop as a starter battery.
isolated kinetik cattery for the audio system.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11343
er battery

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2888
glasswold, lets say i add a second battery without the isolator. can i just go + from the first batt to + to the second and after that just connect the amps to the second batt?

or do i have to do it like this?

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 653
can you run a yellow top as a starter?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1501
yes Jake, Ill pickit over the Red top...
they say yellow not a starter, but guess what, I turns over a big 5.7L engine every day, no problems...cold or hot!! Plus its deep cycle.. I tell people Yellow, Yellow...

Chad just connect both batteris in parrallel; it will work just fine.. espically with a HO alternator

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2892
so just connect in parallel and the amps to the second battery right?

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1504
yea, chad, connecting the amps to second batt, will put it in parrellel with both batteries...

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 431
"isolated kinetik battery"

Dont know the battery or what isolated means...lol

Yeah I was planning on using the Yellow top as my main battery as the Optima site says you can use it for a starter battery.

So what it the BIGGEST and best yellow top that they make (reserve capacity)?...im not too sure on what the best model is but the D 34/78 seem to me to be the best they offer...

thanks!

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 432
"isolated kinetik battery"

Dont know the battery or what isolated means...I figure NOW it is like in the trunk sorta dee-lio.

Yeah I was planning on using the Yellow top as my main battery as the Optima site says you can use it for a starter battery.

So what it the BIGGEST and best yellow top that they make (reserve capacity)?...im not too sure on what the best model is but the D 34/78 seem to me to be the best they offer...

thanks!

*****BUMP*****

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1535
isolated means seperated from the 1st battery, with a ISOLATOR. that way you dont drain both batteries at the same time!

just look at their webpage for the most expensive yellow.. it should be the biggest, with the most reserve.

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 433
Ok, they do not list prices...anyone know what I would be lookin at to pick one up?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us