Wuts the best system you ever heard?

Anonymous

wuts the best system you ever heard?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2859
my panasonic boom box. it is the best sq you'll ever hear. really.

Bronze Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 43
two 4" speakers hit the lows just good.

Bronze Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 46
lol no but really the best system i heard was two diamond audios dont know what kind by a zapco amp dont know which one either it sounded clean and seem to hit every note perfect.

Bronze Member
Username: ___

Pittsburgh, PA U.S.A.

Post Number: 58
The best system I ever heard was my old setup
4 15" Kicker CVR's
2 kicker kx1200.1 amps
it was almost too loud but I sold 2 of my 15"s because I got a camry and 4 will not fit. but they are not installed yet.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 649
http://jmlaudio.com/acura.htm

that 2005 TL has ridiculous SQ and still got plenty loud for a sound quality car. plus that install is so clean. there was something around 150 hours of labor on the install.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6176
Music from my armpit ......

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2868
lol rovin.

one of the best setup i heard was a jl 13w7 powered by a jl 1000/1 in a nissan 350z. amazing sq and loud.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5689
Not going to name all the specific setups, but here goes:

SEAS Lotus Reference. Clarity and detail that is superb, best I've heard from a car audio component set. Very dry midbass reproduction, more musical and not as attacking.

Morel Elate 9 3 way: Sweet, warm sound. Very laid back set that has a good balance of clarity and detail without being fatiguing. 9" midbass driver that has SICK output (it can do 20hz :-)). Easy to mount midrange driver (sealed dome midrange, only 1" deep). Really nice tweeter on that set, too.

Rainbow Audio Platinums: Best compact tweeter I've ever heard. Very natural set, well balanced. Strong midbass output and excellent clarity.

My Dyns (System 360). Similar to the Morels, a bit more natural in midrange, but less midbass output and not quite as good upper treble extension.

I'll save the sub reviews, they only account for 2 octaves or less :-). I like the JL Audio W6v2 and the ID Max for overall SQL, for SQ the Dyn, Morel, SEAS subs are excellent.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2871
man the way you describe those speakers makes me want to go out and buy a set right now.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5342
me too:-) my favorite subs of all time have to be the old a/d/s 10's they made about 10-15 years ago:-):-) Jonathan I am sure you remember them:-)

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6186
Hmmmm - *looks @ that list & makes note to save $ towards it* - lol

Er - what about amps Jonathan ? JL, Brax , Harrison , Zapco , Sinfoni ? - the usual suspects !? ...

but seriously i looked @ some of that stuff ^ online before & already made future plans to buy a pair of Idmax & some top of the line comps & amps too ....Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Ruthless06

Post Number: 45
Best system i've ever heard was 12 12" JL 12w3v2's in a 2004 Yukon Denali. The roof had a 1" mdf board running all the way across. All 4 doors + back doors were cemeted. Custom door panels with 3 sets of mb quart qsd's i think. A tweet at the top of each door, two tweets in the center, and one at the top of each pillar. Each tweeter was indivdually amped as well as the 6.5" woofers. Each sub had a JL 500/1 in it. He had 3 alternators by Ohio Generators. 2 300Amp and a 250 that was in the stock location. 8 Blue top batteries. Some kind of spray on inside of everything in the truck. No rear seats including the middle row, the subs were in a wall 4x3 behind the driver door. He had a Eclipse 8053 HU. The guy had a lot of money invested in it, it soudned absolutey amazing. I believe he said he had 2 different ports, interchangeble. He said at 35hz it hit 159. He had a 56hz port, but I can't remember what he said it hit. But I do know that everytime it hit my shirt went in and out, and my hair stood up. And there was no distortion. I loved it lol.

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 267
The loudest system ive ever heard was 4 15" Powerbass Xtreme subs pushed by 2 Planet Audio VX2200D amps in a Silveraldo he was playing Mariah Carey's "Shake it Off" LOL but it was loud as hell.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5691
"me too :-) my favorite subs of all time have to be the old a/d/s 10's they made about 10-15 years ago :-) Jonathan I am sure you remember them:-)"

Vaguely. The old RF Audiophile subs were nice, the original Kicker Solos (round) were good too. Back then you also had the old JL Audio IB4s that could do subbass and midbass really well.

"Er - what about amps Jonathan ? JL, Brax , Harrison , Zapco , Sinfoni ? - the usual suspects !? ... "

Yeah, Zapco, Arc, Brax, McIntosh, Sinfoni. Amps aren't really as subjective, the build quality and component quality determine amplifier performance. I'm not a firm believer in "amplifier sound".

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5346
yeah I had a set of the punch audiophiles they were nice and got very loud. The a/d/s' were strictly SQ they were amazing back then when they were all usa made hand crafted.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6191
Jonathan

I was thinking in the future that i could keep my MB raa1000 amp & buy a 2ohms dvc IDmax 12" - should be quite a good SQL match right since i saw u post a few times that only 800wrms would be sufficient for this sub ?

Also thinking about buy a 2nd similar MB amp & another IDmax 2ohms dvc as well ......

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 430
Best I have heard was in this:

http://www.audissy.com/demo.html

But then again I havn't been in other vehicles with tens of thousands put into them....

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3237
Subwoofer wise / 2 12w6v2's in this setup

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_enclosures.php?menu=5&prod_id=309

Best sub setup ive ever heard.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 666
the best i've heard was a chevy avalanche w/ 4 12 w7's it was so loud and deep and was very clear. right behind that setup would have to be a civic si w/ 4 13w6v2's in it. both vehicles were all Jl audio and sounded amazing

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1497
my TEAMmate Ronnie....
still hadnt heard anything close/similar to this guy... It was beyond loudness and clarity! beyond anyones expectation of a system!...
he have 4 of the TSX 15s to what I have! Huge box, 12 Aeroports that stick outwards, CRX box... they were getting a little over 4000rms....

sitting in the front seat, made u feel like u were in the box trapped!! bass was full with deepness and lowss. hit quick and deep, every note... (vibrated the middle of my face)

we were on the opposite side of a 3 lane road both ways (6lanes), and shook people on the other side of the road @ the store... people stoped doing everything, and just had too stare us down....... lol

FACES= dismay, angry, frown, painfull, wow, jeez, STOP!, Help, Police!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11338
my charger's system

Gary Biggs's Team Gates SQ system

Richard Clark's and Orange County Speakerworks' Grand National.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11339
oh you didn't specify car..

I love my Martin Logans on the Krell amp as well. mind blowing :-)

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Trinidad & Tobago West...

Post Number: 334
the best system i've heard was One 15" ecipse sub with a eclipse amp it sounded hard punchy but also very clean.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1303
SPL: my friends 2 10inch shocker sigs in ss boxes 149db.
SQ: my 15inch AA atlas.

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 82
ahh that would of bein the vw golf with 1 10w7 and a
500/1 300/4 ho box back in 2002 when they first brought out the w7s @ the canadian world tour(training) for dealers.it hit 152 db

Username: Mrbass

Long beach, California United state

Post Number: 7
seriously the jl audio is the best system out there wether the amp or the sub but it to dam expensive and trendy

Silver Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 203
the best ive heard is 6- JL 15w3v2's powered by 6- pheonix gold amps not sure what models. it was in a pt cruiser, and this crap was loud!!! they turned it up a lil and it imediatly set of all the car alarms within 100ft!!! it was flexin the windows in the front of the store. it was very nice

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1399
Jonathan, I hope this doesn't offend you, but I have a question...

Is it me, or are you really partial to the name brands that are more "out there" such as JL, Zapco, Rainbow, Dyn, and so on...

I've not heard you say much good about the upcoming brands like RE, Ascendant Audio, Digital Designs, Adire Audio, and more of the such.

Like about a week ago you told me that my Assassins probably wouldn't exceed the capabilities of a pair of CVR's. Is this a somewhat biased opinion, or have you actually tested and heard both brands and models together?

Again, I don't want to start a fight or an argument, but I just was curious if you were more into the more greatly advertised brands vs. those that are newcomers in the car audio (and home) world.

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1164
i want to hear glass's system.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5373
me too:-)

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 849
My fav system that I had was two 21W54 and two MB Quart tweeters.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5703
"Jonathan, I hope this doesn't offend you, but I have a question...

Is it me, or are you really partial to the name brands that are more "out there" such as JL, Zapco, Rainbow, Dyn, and so on...

I've not heard you say much good about the upcoming brands like RE, Ascendant Audio, Digital Designs, Adire Audio, and more of the such.

Like about a week ago you told me that my Assassins probably wouldn't exceed the capabilities of a pair of CVR's. Is this a somewhat biased opinion, or have you actually tested and heard both brands and models together?

Again, I don't want to start a fight or an argument, but I just was curious if you were more into the more greatly advertised brands vs. those that are newcomers in the car audio (and home) world."

Not offended :-). It's more a matter of putting things in perspective. I'm not a Kicker fan at all, but you asked if your Assassins could clearly beat the CVRs, and I didn't feel that they would. I didn't say you wouldn't like the Assassins better SQ wise (I can't tell you that), but you were asking from an SPL standpoint. I'd say the same if you were comparing a CVR with any other entry level sub, performance wise they really aren't going to blow each other way. What do you expect for $100? :-)

Rainbow is "out there"? Try finding a US dealer :-). You'll find far more Adire/RE dealers than Rainbow. The only SEAS Lotus dealer in America is www.mobilesq.com, though a couple of car audio stores in California have picked them up. Dyn isn't exactly "mainstream" either, though they're well known in the high end audio market. So I guess that leaves JL. I do like JL because they've always had solid product and stand behind it 100%. While they're not really "the best" at everything, they have a competent product lineup that you can't really go wrong with. Of course there will always be something that better meets someone's wants/needs at a price point.

It isn't that I've really bashed any of the aforementioned brands, though I haven't really hyped them up either. I don't post in the "which sub/speaker/amp" threads a lot anyway. Right now Adire is moving to South America and there are some people unsatisfied from a standpoint of tech support. For that reason, I'll wait for them to settle in and get their manufacturing picked up. RE has had a more solid reputation lately, and they offer good stuff for the money. SQ wise most of it isn't to my liking, the older XXX was nice but that isn't being made anymore. I haven't bashed RE either, but look at a "which sub" post, there are plenty of people recommending the product, there isn't really a need for me to.

Digital Designs isn't what I'd consider an "upcoming" company, they've been out for a while and are highly popular in SPL comps. They've earned their reputation (which is a great one) and I've given plenty of credit where it's due. The toughest built subs on the market.

Ascendant has a lineup coming out, but most of it isn't even out yet. I'm not one to push product before it even gets time to prove itself. The first Brahmas ended up having a bad glue batch and ended up in a bunch of recones (some that weren't done in a timely fashion to some people, thus they are/were angry). The ID Max v1 and v2 had issues with voice coil rubbing, v3 fixed it all. Even the first Focal Polykevlars had issues with the cones warping. Bottom line is anything can happen from any company, you should always give product time to prove itself. The same reason that people buy vehicles 3-4 years after it's released, all the kinks and recalls are worked out and by then you'll (hopefully) have less hassle to worry about.

I'm for any brand that puts out quality product. I just feel that a product will speak for itself.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11368
keep in mind people pick or pan products with which they have experience.
It's hard to recommend something just based on having read a few reviews in magazines or on websites.. although many people try to do just that.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1404
I see. Well so far I've not had any issues with my Assassins (hopefully I don't). They seem pretty hefty in build, so I'm happy. I run them pretty hard too.

Is it possible they are more linear though, than 0.6"? My Volfenhags are rated at a similar linear excursion, with less of a surround (about 1/2" less in thickness). I realize other things come into play when calculating excursion, but I've given the Assassins more than the reccommended excursion, and no problems thus far.

In fact, they have had no audible distortion, and no warming of the dustcap region whatsoever (not that I want them to, but my Volfs. got warm once or twice before).

Also, what subwoofer from RE would the Assassins compare to? Because they outperform the RE RE line, but I don't think they quite meet the abilities of the SE, so would they just be somewhere in the middle?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us