My Sub Has No Sound But My Amp Is On?

SubProblems
Unregistered guest
My amp is on but my sub is not putting out any sound?
Im Running A
Jl Audio 500/1
American International Line Converter
Sony Xplod Sub

I know the sub works i had it hooked to my home stereo. The Line converter has level knobs What differance will those make?

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 270
cause it's a sony......

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1162
Check all of the connections in side the box, check all of the crossovers and gains on the amp and make sure that they are all set correctly

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 207
take a AA battery and connect the POSITIVES and NEGATIVES speaker wire and your sub should move in and out it if its not blown/wired wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1229
the JL has its own LOC deal doesn't it?? it has a signal sense mode and it can be turned on and hooked directly to your rear speakers and work without a LOC i think. check out JL's site, i saw it in the Tutorials section.

but it should still work with an external LOC, do you have the amp's signal sensing switch and level switch in the right spots??

SubProblems
Unregistered guest
Regardless Im Really Stressed And Freaking about a Broken amp.

Whats the Possibilities of problems that this could mean.

Is my input sensitivity too low?

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
man it could be alot of different things...

Check and recheck your cables.... than check em again... it could be something really stupid...

Sub Problems
Unregistered guest
I checked with a AA already and it is wired correctly i just spent all morning redoing my wiring and redoing my grounds. The Amp turns using my remote lead and it also turns on with signal sensing if i put the switch in the low position on the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 208
if your buddy or someone has an extra set of RCA's try that because if they are bent far enough they kinda short out so thats why this time i used electrical tape and:
Upload just to give it some extra strength

subproblems
Unregistered guest
My Rca's arnt like that each side is only one wire and i tried moving my wires around?
Could it be my cables are too long? 15ft.
I also had my amp running for like 3 days before using the input switch on low and using signal sensing. Then it stopped working and would start working if i jiggled my rca's then jiggling my rcas didnt help. Now i redid all my wires and grounds and it still doesnt work.
Should I Try Splicing my Rca's wires to My Speaker's bypassing my LOC

Silver Member

Post Number: 273
maybe replace your RCA'a

subproblems
Unregistered guest
I already replaced Them.
What Would Happen if i turned up my LOC level knobs all the way up?

Subproblems
Unregistered guest
Here is my LOC http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/LC300CL.html

Subproblems
Unregistered guest
Anyone Have Any Ideas Suggestions Please It Would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member

Post Number: 275
rather than aski fi you could adjust your level knobs..... umm you could just go do it...

another suggestion is that you could hook up a speaker to your RCA jack... (from the line converter and see if they do anything... that should eliminate your problem solving up to your Amp/subs area

subproblems
Unregistered guest
ok i went and messed with that and my sub didnt work then i tried putting my balance all on one side ( all left or all right ) and both sides make the sub work then i tried putting it back in center and messing with them individually and now my sub works again :-) why Would that make my sub not work and should i really not put it on bass boost +13 because my sub doesnt punch like i want it too at +4
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us