Another question (deadener)

Username: Bassjunkie0320

Post Number: 3
I wasn't sure if this was the right place but I know its one of the main concerns when using High end subwoofers.....
From some information I have read about Sound deadeners...the way I understand it is that it cuts down on all vibration completely....I don't want my car to vibrate at all. Or do sound deadener mats just keep the interference from outside out so its quiet in the car and you can hear your system well?

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 663
if your subs are pretty loud then it is next to impossible to stop every single bit of rattling. w/ alot of sound deadening you can greatly reduce the rattle but as far as zero rattle that is very difficult. the only way you might have a shot at stopping all rattling would be to sound deaden the entire vehicle w/ at least one layer and even then there are no garuntees. the sound deadening does improve the sound of the bass inside the vehicle and does also make the bass louder inside.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Ya I am probably not going to deaden the whole car..just the trunk. Maybe even twice.
But I want to cut down on the rattle outside as much as possible. I can't stand people that go by with their lisense plate and door panels vibrating so loud its almost louder than the bass itself.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2812
first install your subs and play the music. then determine where the rattles are coming from. you can work on eliminating the rattles from there. just applying the deadner in your trunk isn't going to solve all your rattle problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
ooo ok chad...see other ppl were sayin put a layer down before you even do anyting that way you can cut down a lil and you dont gotta rip eerything back up....after that then pinpoint stuff.

Bronze Member
Username: Logan__tille

Post Number: 13
lol my car rattles all over. especially the the trunk and the roof. is there any way i can stop the roof from ratteling?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2814
well if you want to deaden the floor of your trunk too then that is what you should do. it would be too much of a hassle to install your subs and take it back out to lay down the deadner. lol. i was thinking you only wanted to do the trunk lid.

this is what i did with my rattles. most of the rattles came from the little metal hook that keeps the trunk closed. so i put some electrical tape around the metal hook so there won't be any metal to metal contact and also made my truck close tighter. that took care of the loudest rattle. i then applied two layers of edead on the trunk lid to get rid of the rattle from the trunk lid. it still rattles a little but you cant hear it unless you go real close to it. like ucfsaxman said, its hard to have zero rattle.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Deaden it!!! lol deadening seems like the answer to everything..anyways, do you have any kind of deadener or mats or anything in your car?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
ya chad I was planning on getting some new liner or foam or somthing for where the trunk lid sits on the body of the car...the trim or whatever you wanna call it...some real thick stuff...

Bronze Member
Username: Logan__tille

Post Number: 14
nope, i have a blazer so i dont know where to put it.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 478
chad, do you like edead? i heard that they fall off when it gets hot, like in the summer and stuff. i dont know if i should by edead, or pay a little extra and go for the second skin or dynmat...

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1485
also note, deadening can make u loose 2db or so, on the mic; if you are competing....

Bronze Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 96
ill tell u i sound deadin my whole car... roof/doors/reardeck top an bottom/sides/floor/an whole trunk an trunk lid an it still rattles out side like the mirrors an under the car... gas tank an other thing an the inside of the door i can tell u ur not goin 2 get every rattle out but iam goin 2 trade mirrors an fix weather strippin pieace wit duck tape an iam goin 2 put sum sound deadin on the straps on the gas tank an on the outside of the trunk behind the bumper but it sounds so great inside nice an clean an loud an boomy

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2823
bassman3 yes mine fell off first time. i thought that was because i didn't do a good job of applying it. i bought another sheet and this time i did a good job of applying it. it hasn't fallen off yet. but then again the weather isn't hot yet. lol. i'll let you know in the summer time if it falls off. i hope not. if it does then edead sux.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us