Dynamat!?!?!?!?

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 262
ok... should i get the mat.... or should i get the spray...

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2798
where are you planning to apply it? if its just the trunk lid then the mat should do the job.

Silver Member

Post Number: 264
yea pretty much jst the trunk lid... ive heard combatting storys on what i should use...

i am just trying to reduce the rattle... although theres a couple of songs where it sounds like the rattle fits in with the music...

yea... the rattle is so bad i can hear it while i drive...

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2800
i applied two layers of edead mat and that reduced the rattle alot in my car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 265
which one? theres 4 versions well ones a paint on....

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2803
edead v1se. i know its the cheaper ones from edead but it did the job. the price was good too. i paid $105 shipped for 60sq ft of that stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 662
james get the peel and stick version of dynamat or edead whichever you decide to go w/. the spray is just not worth the effort. it is very messy and has a tendency to drip down and around where ever you spray it. so basically it covers other parts from where you spray, sections that didn't need to be covered in my case. i would not recommend the spray unless there is absolutey no way to stop the rattling in a very weird sopt on the vehicle.

Username: Bassjunkie0320

Post Number: 10
If I wanted to line my whole trunk with this stuff abotu how much would it be.....

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 283
Lol 2 layers of fatmat on my lid and still rattles like a b.tch, think i need to hit up the part where my amp is mounted upside down between my 6x9s and more of the hollow space inside my trunk lid....still got like 30 ft^2 of fatmat just need to stop being lazy and put it on...

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 665
zac i bought a bulk pack of dynamat off ebay for about 120 shipped and it includes 9 sheets of dynamat that is more than enought to do a whole trunk and would make a signifcant difference and improvement in the rattling and spl of your subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
how bout if i just pour concrete in the inside of my trunk lid....

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 485
lol. that wouldnt sound good. the mats are supposed to increase your music spl, and they are designed to do that. concrete isnt made for that

Silver Member

Post Number: 286
well i was gonna put mats over the concrete... i just had a random thought that came outa nowhere... i just figure it would be good to weigh my trunk down as much as possible then lay out a couple of layers of mats

Bronze Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 100
josh u put 2 layers of fatmat on ur trunk lid an it still rattles? i put 1 on my an its fine i did my whole car in it but after doin that all i still have is the gas tank,driver side mirror,window stripin an under the the trunk rattlin. an if any1 nos how 2 get the underneath of the trunk 2 stop rattling let me no an its the metal of the bottom on the trunk under the car but inside the trunk i have the stock brown bread wit a layer of fat mat. would car under coatin work let me no thankx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us