Lights Dimming

Bronze Member
Username: Black013

Post Number: 65
first of all I know you guys going to say get a capacitor but I have order one already it should be here wednesday but until then can I use a car battery because my friend has a small die hard battery in this trunk so I was wondering could I use one of those batteries i have 3 in pops garage ??

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 256
acctually i would say that if your lights are dimming than check your altanator, cables battery, belt.... if it'a all good than you need an HO alternator.

i had a buddy that was running 3 audiobahn flameq subs at 1500 Watts@1ohm total and his alternator went out... everytime the bass hit his lights would dim and his RPM's would drop big time... till it died... he bought another alternator and it did it again... and again.... he went through 3 alternators in a month...

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 75
my system was drawing so much current that the engine stalled lol .but i fixed that by putting a 200amp altenator in it then put 25 farad cap to help my amps

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 334
well did he have a High output alternator prolly not..even though those bans wasnt doing 1500 its still pulling more juice than the alt wuz made for

Silver Member

Post Number: 258
he was buying the cheap off brand OEM alt's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
I already have a 200amp altenator

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
what is your setup?
i mean just adding a battery and an alternator might be covering up another problem... i would just suggest doig some diagnostics before your run around buying all this stuff

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
2 12 L7 (Kicker)
2000watt amp (performance Teknique)
300 watt amp (calfornia Jam)
Distrubtion Block (80 amp fuse)+ (60amp fuse)

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 337
thats 140 amps there just by going by your fuses you should get anuva alt so you can blast the f out your system i want to get one but im gonna du a dual setup one just dedicated to the audio...cuz my fuse box is just crimped in there and i dont fell safe running 200amps to a tacky box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us