Whuts the worst system u have ever heard

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 329
I just want to Know whut kind of garbage systems or highly overated systems and Most expensive and least bang you have ever heard

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2795
mine when i had the audiobahns. i paid $400 for a pair of those.

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 252
Dual's bandpass from best buy... my 1st system.. worse decision of my bass life... i didnt know much about em except i wanted bass... they were the cheapest deal i could find... the subs were 2 ohm wired but labeled as 4 ohms... and all the amps i tried on it were not 2 ohm mono stable and i couldnt figure out for the life of me what was wrong with it.... that and sony Xplode amps.. they all sucked... it was driving me nuts... it was too boomy it had that thump sound... i reused the bandpass box with all the subs i bought and they all sounded like azz in it... when i got to this site it changed it all..

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2797
i did learn a lot from this forum. heck i learned everything from this forum. i had my audiobahn wired to a .5 ohm load. i found out how to properly wire my subs from reading and asking questions here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 330
one that i heard that wuz just g@y was actually a friend of mine LOL not a close friend just someone i talk 2.....Due to the lack of money he had...he only had 2 10 or 12cvr's powered by a....dont laugh.......Sony amp...he let me hear it..........Put it this way a pair of Nextel speakers had more bass than that....the door speakers were doing a better job at bass reproduction...lol...that ones not that bad

would you pay 1100$ for 2 12 MTX 4500 in a ported box.....for 1100 dollars i could a got a crucial system...

O an i hate when i ask people how many watts there amps put out an they tell me peak power which is always 2400 or 3000 watts YEAH....an they dont belive me when i tell my amp puts out 1000 real watts they laugh....

one guy 2day said his subwoofers highs have so much bass it doesnt make sense.......Yeah that made no sense i just look at him and said yeah....

I got more an when the summer hits im making a new thread so we can all laugh

Silver Member

Post Number: 331
DANG u guys respond quick i jus made this thread lol

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1923
worst ive heard was 2 10 inch sonys poweered off a bridged HU lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 254
it's a thread where everyone has an axperience to talk about

Bronze Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 84
i over heard a kid at my school bragging to some other kids about his sweet system in his car so i walked up to him and asked him what he had. he said he had 2 10" mtx subs. after school i met up with him and said i would like to check out his sweet system. so we walked over to his beat up minivan. i waited outside the car while he turned his stereo on and i started to hear a wierd noise that sounded nothing like what i expected, so i asked to see his subs. it turned out that he had 2 10" road thunder subs in some wierd looking sealed box made of plywood powered by a 400w jensen amp. i laughed and got my car, pulled up next to him and proceded to show him what bass was with my 15" eclipse ti in a ported box running on 1200w. he couldn't belive how loud and how much different my sub sounded than his.

Bronze Member
Username: Ruthless06

Post Number: 32
two dual bandpass boxes in a 1990 plymoth acclaim, stock a$s speakers, a sony deck he paid 79 dollars for-retail, and two sony 250 watt MAX AMPS!
got loud for what he paid, but sounded like brrrr.

and then i installed these two subs in a mitsubishi montero like 3 weeks ago. they subs were called monster something or another. solid black, the surrounded looked like paper, felt like paper. the cone and center was more flexible then the sub with power. he wanted me to hook a mtx thunder 500 amp on it. now it sounded horrible, and looked even worse. i made the install clean, and he was happy. but danm yo, he paid like 60 for the amp and i think 47 for the deck, he coulda spent that and got better subs lol, then installed it himself and i know that kid woulda been happier. but he said he liked it, all that matters to me.

a manager at my store has 12 inch insignia 12's in a ported box. it soudned god awful.

cant think of anymore bad ones, but im sure there has been worse lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
oh yeah, my first system. a 10w0 bridged on the rear channels of my panasonic hu.... years and years ago... like 3 lol

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 74
i think the worst system i heard was 15 bass cannons
from canadain tire in a chevy sprint running off there own amps about 40 wtts a piece and 2 6x9s just sitting in the kick panels some guy from around the london ont region had this vehicle and it sounded bad
my manager at the time came and looked at it laughed
and said to me well you can deal with this one cant you. anyway there were wires every where couldnt see the floor cause he ran all of them on top of carpet it took me 2hrs to take it all out
and then an 1.5 to put a good one in

Bronze Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 25
Worst ive heard is sittin in my attic right now. 2 15inch subs made by some co. called "shaker". i ran them off my 1200 watt rms amp and they barely beat as hard as the $20 roadmaster 6x9s at walmart. Those SUBS SUCKED.

Silver Member

Post Number: 259
wow thats horrible

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 426
2 12" 700 watt pyramids off a 600 watt Rockford.

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 984
my cousin's 2 12" P1's... HORIBLE

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 200
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
Upload
Upload

Made it when I was 11. Tested it out in my dad's car lol, enough said.

Silver Member

Post Number: 263
holy christ... MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA did you cut the box with a pocket knife?

Silver Member
Username: Jbump

Nebraska City, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 172
Worst i've heard what my friends Duals in a bandpass from bestbuy, not only do they sound bad, but they actually rattle his trunk, adding to the horrid sounds.. He thinks they are cool because the neons.. my worst system was 2 15" reactor subs in a factory ported box, with a 200 watt walmart VR Sound amp my friend had, which he fried then let my use.. that sounded like @ss too..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
so Colby, how'd it sound? lol

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1469
some 12 duals in a bandpass, 4 ports, in the back of a eclipse powered by a sony 1200 watt totall amplifer, about 2 weeks ago..... it sounded like butt... I never heard anything that poor of a quality, the bass line dissaperead during transistions... it was slow.... muddy...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
<< I told him to turn it OFF! I EXPLAINED SQ, SPL, SQL.... he said he wanted me to hear it; Because when I last visted, I shook the whole entire store!!! This was his customers car, he was putting on a car kit for him... I told him his customer cas sounded like poo poo.... Now he wants me to put together a system for him this week or next week....

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6133
worst box i ever saw was in a thread here on ecoustics earlier last yr - some dilweed made a box out of a actual TREE TRUNK & took it 2 an installer 2 ask why it wasn't sounding any good !!!!!!!!!

worst system i heard - ppl passing on the street & their subs sounding like its F@RTING -lol .......

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Trinidad & Tobago West...

Post Number: 306
The worst system i heard was a 12" thump subwoofer with a rampage 300 watt amp and a homemade round tube looked like sometype of hard carboard. bru bru bru is all you heard instead of boom boom lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
Ruthless - Never heard a clean note out of it, lol. Got as loud as a free-air funky pup.

Anonymous

i think this guy's system is going to take the cake

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/205229.html

Bronze Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 41
two 12" lighning audio the green ones from wal mart lol my 6x9 sounded better lol

Bronze Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 92
lol... thats cruel

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1295
worst system i ever heard was some guys 10inch audiobahn sub in a small ported box tuned in the high 40hz range, try to play rap on it, omg the sub had like 2inchs of excursion but sounded like sh1t, all you could hear is the sub bottoming out, and he had some weired amp i never heard of before powering it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
LOL Anon!!!!! thats sooo cruel

i had a lighting audio once.... the one from walmart.. i stuc it in a banpass box.... it sounded ok but didnt last very long

Bronze Member
Username: Logan__tille

Post Number: 12
i had two volfenhags...lol ill never do that again. they worked ok for a little bit, then one of the started to rattle and i ended up selling them to some kid at my school for $100.

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1880
i was sitting at sonic today waiting on my food and all of a sudden i hear this huge boom i was like what the hel did someone wreck lol and then i started hearing bass and when this lil girl gets right by me all you can hear is EVERYTHING ratting..the trunk...and probably everyything else she had on the car it sounded horrible

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 282
Worst sounding has to be the rf punch at best buy that someone "punched" and the front was cracked to hell and broken in half.

Most ghetto install/subs has to be my friends, walmart amp, old as$ pioneer 12's there the surround is separating from the cone, the outside is cracked and stuff...i just can't explain it wish i had pics, it actually sounded sorta okay but he is lucky they are cluelesss about ohms he probably jsut wired it up and assumed it'd work no matter what.

My favorite ones are with kids my age who think its amazing when they can get there trunk to rattle a little from the bass that makes its really loud and a good system to them....

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 644
my nieghbor had 2 8" roadmasters. he said they were 600 watts. when he turned them up, they distorted, and he told me the bass is so loud it sounds bad.lol

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5679
There was a guy that cut a hole in the floor of a 90s Ranger and fired the sub "free air" through it. I bet that didn't sound that great.

Silver Member

Post Number: 335
what happened to this thread i cant find it.....the only reason i got to it wuz cuz i looked under my profile to find it was it deleted or am i just no looking hard enought...lol.....keep em comming guys

Silver Member

Post Number: 336
Oh let me tell you this i also hate in when some of my freinds tell me to turn on my system MB quart PWE 354(2ohm one) powered by an RAA-1000 MB QUART and he says is it even on....OK....i dont want people on the outside to know i have a system.....First my car is big and....And draws attention by itself....he already got a tickt for his 12" sub with 500 wastts and when i tell him i have a 1000rms watt amp and its a 15 he thinks it should blow windows out an all that....anyway when this happened at our school

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2006/012006/01232006/162203(all of this is basically untrue.....It was just a party not a CD release...NO gang....(thats the funniest thing ever..THE NAME).....and theres even more 2 it but i dont want to be called as a witness so im not gonna talk bout it.......

I Go to James Monroe

well when that wuz going on we had police all around in case retaliation took place......I could blast my system with no problem

Just in case you dont belive that torino is mine there it is in the second pic

Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: C10_250

Kailua, Hawaii

Post Number: 23
I once had two computer speakers strapped to the rear stock speaker grills in my '85 golf with zip ties running off my Pioneer head unit. I rocked this setup for 2 months before I blew both the speakers(I had to run it a virtually full volume to hear anything from all the way back there.)

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 143
worst system i've ever had was a mitzu 1800w 4 channel (jajajaja) and 2 12 cuspid subs with 2 10pyle subs and to end this a legacy HU! jajajajja that's awful!

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 371
hehehehe...lol, i haven't heard yours yet! Just messing. I've heard a shops, a shops, not some customer but an actual shop who used all Sony stuff. Worst thing I've ever heard especially when he told me it had about 15K of work and equipment in it. I blew his away when I was using ED subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Radzer0

Post Number: 26
Since the name "shaker" came up in this one. Im just selling my shakers. They hit pretty good for what they are. Sold mine for $80 in a bandpass. Id say there the same as sonys.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
and i take that back, worst system ive ever heard was a tc sounds dj sub, one made for home audio not car audio. the kid traded his 18" mt for it. ran the tc off of a orion 2500d. I mean the sh!t flexed like 3 or more inches. but sounded soooooooooooooooo bad, muddy, distorted, just sounded like someone flapping two of something together, dunno what. it just soudned bad. lol. but he thought the surround and cone were something new cause the guy told him that the sub was better then the xxx's so thats why he traded lol. but yeah, it sounded horrible

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 297
First System in my car was a complete memphis setup......that lasted about 6 weeks....i went TDY for the AF and left my car sitting in the driveway infront of my house......came back and it was missing :-(

So now that i had no money and wanted something for bass.....Got 2 of those duel 360watt amps from Best Buy. and a set of Rockford Punch Z's in a sealed box. it was garbage.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 884
I would have to say 2 pyramid 10" subs powered by a "1200" watt cuspid amp. That was my first system, learned a lot since then.

Silver Member

Post Number: 267
damn casey.. how do you go TDY and not have money when you came back?? whered you go... across the street :-)i could make a good 3,000$ on a 1 month TDY easy...

Anonymous

TDY?

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1159
Sawa system installed in a cardboard box covered in duct tape powered by a walmart road gear amp. yea it was horrible

Silver Member

Post Number: 276
Temporary Duty Station.... it's like hey you have to go here to do something than come back...

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 286
the system i had in my 89 ranger 2 6x9 and a pramped 8" bazzoka wich i blew 3 times before i sold it

Silver Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 298
They put me up in billiting on base and only gave me 30 bucks a day for 6 days and flew me there. every other tdy I have went on except that one I have made money......hence why i now have a W7. :-)

Silver Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 299
and it was to Shepard AFB Texas. i think that base is a SH.it Hole!

Silver Member

Post Number: 288
lolzers i went to Sheppard AFB for tech school.... i miss that place.. it's a fun place... allthough it is a sh!t hole

but hey check out this sh!t system>!!!>> i found it while looking at hondas on ebay

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2328
I was at Mardi Gras Nationals last year (USACi regonal show) and while we were doing a test-n-tune in the parking lot...this guy rolls up :-)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/650399/4

Silver Member

Post Number: 290
THATS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5353
lol Rovin I remember that tree trunk enclosure:-) All I have to say is URBAN AUDIO:-) biggest crap ever!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us