Best system ?????

Username: Real_mccoy85

Hilliard, Ohio

Post Number: 5
What is the best system (subs & amp) that i can get for $600.
got my tax return and after paying bills:-(
wnat to use rest for a system. Have a 98 f-150 ext. cab so I have room in the back for speakers, but on a budget and want the most bang for the least buck.

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 202
Get new subs from an online retailer. Go for a used or refurbished amp from a trusted source.

Make sure you get a good deal on a quality amp wiring kit.

And if you build the box or get a good deal on one you'll have lots of $$ left for the subs and amp.

I would go with 2 subs, the largest size that you can fit a box for. Tell us about how much room you have to work with and we'll go from there.

$600 doesn't go as far as it would seem to for a system, so the better deal you get for each item the better off you'll be. Because let's face it, after wiring and box and line out converter (Do you have a stock head unit still?) you'll probly be working with less than $480 or so for subs and amp.

If you can make the box urself that would probably boost ur system performance huge vs buying one and paying like $40 or more just for shipping...

I think 2 12" AA Assasins would definitely be a good choice and well within your price range.

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 203
Hmm I take that back, you'll be working with less than $450 for subs and amp. And that's a best case scenario.

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 204
Great deal on the assasins right now, but almost too good of a deal where u could get something a little more expensive..

Hilliard, Ohio

Post Number: 10
Just found a MTX Thunder 5601 amp for $150 its a mono amp and based on the fact is 500 buck on website will prob go with that amp.

Bronze Member

Hilliard, Ohio

Post Number: 14
factory head unit, but i do have wiring kit, and line converter.

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 210
Hmmmm, Ok let me rephrase your question for these guys to answer:

So you have $600 to purchase subs/box/amp.

I think it's a tight fit for 12's in those, but you know better than I.

For this you might really want to look into building something custom. Trucks need a box made specially for them most of the time. Plus if you have access to the tools, the supplies only costs about $38 to make even a giant box.

If it's one thing I learned in my short time as a car audio fan, it is that the most important thing of all, is to properly plan and do the job right THE FIRST TIME!! I am going on my 4th system set up in about a year. I bought a single 12" MOFO instead of 2 12's or 3 10's of something better. Nuff said about that.

Point is, research this all to hell, do it right on the first pass, and save yourself lots of $$$, headache, and most importantly, you will be MUCH more satisfied when it's all said and done. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 244
yeah like Lewass said....

if you dont do your research and take your time getting your plan down you could very easily spend ALOT of money on getting your system right... i'm on my 8th setup in a year... i just now am finally getting it all right because i was just like damn that sounds like it would work... i started posting daily here about a month ago and i have learned so damn much... i'm just now getting under the suface of it all

Username: Mrbass

Long beach, California United state

Post Number: 9
now this is the perfect choise for 600 dollars go for 500/1 jlaudio on ebay and t110 10inch by rockford fosgate because this sub is design for spl because its aluminum cone, promise you will be happy and dont forget to turn the gain almost at full ok peace out

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5697
Cone material has nothing to do with SPL. It's about the motor design, the parameters of the subwoofer in relation to the enclosure, amongst many other things

Gain should never be at full. Gain is only for level matching the amplifier with the head unit, and usually this is accomplished around 1/4-1/2 gain level.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us