Have somethin to say about l7s and the w7s?say it here

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 69
lets talk about the kickers L5s and L7s and compare them to the w7s
lets take a square rock and throw it into a pond.
what kind of waves does it make??? round!!!
lets do the same with a round rock
what kind of waves does it make??? round!!!
one has up to 20% more cone space and its square
and other is round.hmmm lets see if we take the square rock and push it in and out of the water would it be the same smooth respones as a round one??? ill let you guys/girls take it from here

Anonymous

MAN WHAT THE FUCKED DOES A POND HAVE TO DO WITH SUBS??????

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 71
i was using the pond as an example bone head

Anonymous

wow this has to be the dumbest thread i have ever heard in my life get a life and stop dreaming about stuff that no one really cares who cares and what the f*ck is the point of comparing a w7 l5 and l7 the l5 and l7 sound like sh!t and they get loud the w7 gets loud and sounds really good if you want pure spl get ther L7 if you want any sq what so ever then w7 and forget about the L5 cause they are pointless they suck that bad and so does this thread so please just shut up and yo made another thread about this to so dont double post and shut the f*ck up please

Anonymous

i think Jay and anonymous are the same person.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckshot

Post Number: 57
the admins should block annons...they are gettin really annoying but i guess if they want to they could go through the trouble of making new accounts to try and make theirself look like a d00mArse

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11324
while a square sub does offer more surface area that's negted by it's inherant design flaw that limits excursion, so the overall displacement is really not much more than a good round sub, and actually less in some cases of good SPL subs with long excursions (see: resonant engineering's MT)

The solobarics have some design flaws in addition to the limited throw as well, such as surround separation, lead slap and lead separation, cone fractures being common, and inherant coloration of the output due to the unever stress points of a square sub causing cone flex.

While the solobarics do make affordable, very loud subs, this is overshadowed by their poor reliability and lack of good SQ at higher output levels.

The W7, while possibly not as loud, beats the solobarics in spades when it comes to linearity, detail, accuracy, and overall build quality and reliability.

It's just a matter of which you're after.. a quality, pretty loud sub with great SQ, or just the loudest affordable sub you can buy regardless of it's lifespan.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us