Well i blew something up... what was it

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 495
so i got my 2 12" SE's installed a week or two back and my CDT HD-62's in like 2 days ago. since i finally got it in me and my friend turned it up a good bit to hear it in full force and all of a sudden my componets stopped playing. my subs kept going but i turned off my car. then when i turned it back on neither came on and i looked at both amps and neither turned on. i figure i blew a fuse but which fuse and can i just replace the fuse to solve the problem?

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 873
did you check the main fuse up by your battery? If that's the case, then just replace it with the same size fuse.

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 232
you should be able to see if the fuse is blown...

check your ground... make sure it's a nice solid ground no paint... ect.... i had alot of issues with fuses poping alot at one point... i redid my ground and it all stopped

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 496
well, ive actually got a local shop looking at my car on tuesday for 2 hours because ive got major alt wine noise and i cant get rid of it. i guess ill have no subs or componets til then and then tell them to check the fuses when they do the ground. i think they said there was paint on the ground. i looked at the fuse near the battery but it was dark out so i couldnt tell if it was blown

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 201
^^^You should have taken the fuse out of the holder to see if it was blown.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 875
also, check your voltage before the fues, and after the fuse.......that will tell you if it's the fuse
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us